Growth of major end-use industries particularly in Asia Pacific and Latin America expected to fuel the demand for 1,3 butadiene
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) September 09, 2014
The global market for 1,3 butadiene is expected to reach USD 33.01 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for tires (both OEM and replacement) on account of an upturn in the automotive industry, particularly in China, India and Brazil, is expected to remain a key driving factor in the global market. In addition, the growing demand for ABS on account of increasing demand for high performance plastics for the automotive industry is also expected to have a positive influence on the global market. Volatile raw material prices coupled with the stringent regulatory scenario is expected to remain key challenges for market participants. In order to overcome such challenges, the industry has shifted its focus towards developing bio-based routes to manufacture 1,3 butadiene.
Butadiene rubber emerged as the leading application segment for BD and accounted for 30.8% of total market volume in 2013. More than two third of butadiene rubber goes for manufacturing tires, thus global tire industry dynamics are a key factor for the growth of this market. HMDA (hexamethylenediamine) is expected to be the fastest growing application market for BD, at an estimated CAGR of 6.8% from 2014 to 2020. Growing demand for nylon 66 resin in major end-use industries such as automotive and electronics is expected to fuel the demand for BD in HMDA.
The report “1,3 Butadiene (BD) Market Analysis By Application (Butadiene Rubber, ABS, SBR, SB Latex, NBR, Hexamethylenediamine), Bio-based Opportunities And Segment Forecasts To 2020” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/butadiene-market
Request Free Sample of This Report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/butadiene-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global BD market volume was 10,500 kilotons in 2013 and is expected to reach 14,179.9 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest regional market for BD and accounted for 53.6% of total market volume in 2013. Growth of automotive industry, particularly in emerging markets of China and India is expected to remain a key driving factor in the regional market. Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Growth of major end-use industries such as automotive and construction in Latin America and Middle East is expected to push BD demand for these regions to grow at an estimated CAGR of 8% from 2014 to 2020.
- Naphtha remained the primary petrochemical feedstock for the production of BD. However, emergence of coal based ammonia and methanol facilities in Asia is expected to provide alternative sources for the production of 1,3 butadiene..
- The global market is moderately concentrated with the top four companies including Dow Chemical Company, Shell, Lyondell Basell and Shanxi Sanwei accounting for over 55% of the global market in 2013. Other companies in the market include XioJiang Markor, Sinopec and TPC Group, Inc.
Browse All reports of This Category by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/petrochemicals-and-downstream-derivatives
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the 1,3 butadiene market on the basis of application and region:
- Global 1,3 Butadiene Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Butadiene Rubber
• Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Resins (ABS)
• Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
• SB Latex
• Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR)
• Hexamethylenediamine (HMDA)
- Global 1,3 Butadiene Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Ongoing Reports by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies, ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Related Reports by Grand View Research
Adhesives and Sealants Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/adhesives-and-sealants-market
The global market for adhesives and sealants is expected to reach USD 43,195.5 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth of construction, automotive and packaging industries, mainly in China, India and Brazil are expected to drive the demand for both adhesives and sealants over the forecast period.
Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR) Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/styrene-butaidene-rubber-industry
The global market for SBR is expected to reach USD 23,144.3 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for SBR in tire manufacturing is expected to support the growth of this market over the forecast period.