100 Cool Things to See & Do Around Edmonton.
Edmonton, Alberta (PRWEB) August 15, 2007
Canada's Culture Capital for 2007, Canada's Festival City, home to the World's Largest shopping and entertainment complex…Edmonton truly has it all. Motivated by the multitude of attractions and museums to be enjoyed on an Edmonton getaway, Edmonton Tourism has recently created its own list of "100 Cool Things to See & Do Around Edmonton." Spanning arts & culture, outdoors & adventure, and sports and gaming, the list is a fun way to plan a visit to the diverse Canadian travel destination.
Arts & culture enthusiasts have an overwhelming number of Edmonton attractions from which to choose.
- Discover the practices of diverse tribes at the Syncrude Gallery of Aboriginal Culture at the Royal Alberta Museum.
- Experience pioneer life at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village.
- Take a walk through a self-guided tour of the Art and Design in Public Places.
- Lay back and stargaze with the Royal Astronomical Society.
- Wing it at the Alberta Aviation Museum.
- Experience the past; see historical trains at the Alberta Railway Museum.
- Experience an IMAX film at TELUS World of Science-Edmonton.
- See interesting exhibits at the Art Gallery of Alberta.
- Scream through the Mindbender Rollercoaster at West Edmonton Mall.
While most people don't associate the city with outdoors and adventure, an Edmonton vacation could be planned around activities like hiking and biking, according to the "100 Coolest Things" list.
- Pedal a bike on 255 km of scenic bike trails.
- Hike the Blackfoot and Cooking Lake Recreation Areas.
- Get a panoramic view of Edmonton on a scenic hot air balloon flight.
- Inline skate through the river valley.
- Lose yourself in a corn maze.
- Take a leap, skydiving.
- Get hooked on a fishing tour.
Some people who come to Edmonton for sports like to watch games and others like to play them. Edmonton attractions include many activities for both persuasions.
- Cheer on the Edmonton Eskimos (football) and the Edmonton Cracker-Cats (baseball) at a home game.
- Rev up your engines at the drag races.
- Tee off at one of 70-plus regional Edmonton golf courses.
- Horse around at the Northlands Spectrum Racetrack.
- Take your picture with Wayne Gretzky (the statue).
- Watch the golf greats at the 2007 CN Canadian Women's Open.
And there are an additional 80 or so other Edmonton activities on Edmonton Tourism's "100 Coolest Things" list that will fill in any Edmonton vacation itinerary gaps. All activities may be found on the website along with Edmonton hotel packages.
About Edmonton Tourism
Edmonton Tourism, a division of Edmonton Economic Development Corp., markets Greater Edmonton as a preferred Canadian travel destination for leisure travel, business travel and film production. Edmonton--named Canada's Cultural Capital for 2007--is Alberta's top tourism destination for in-province and other-province visitors, and Alberta's top metropolitan destination for U.S. visitors.
Published Contact Data:
Name: Jenifer Christenson, Edmonton Tourism