Best Wig Outlet is now sharing their insider tips and tricks for caring for lace wigs. More tips and wig info can be found online at www.bestwigoutlet.com.
Los Angeles, California (PRWEB) November 12, 2013
Best Wig Outlet has been providing the best wigs on the market for many years. And through their many years of experience they have picked up many tricks of the trade that they are now sharing with the world.
When it comes to lace wigs one of the biggest complaints is that the lace wigs seem to shed too much or thin over time. While some shedding is normal and should be expected with lace wigs there are many ways to help prevent and minimize it.
Much of the normal shedding on lace wigs is due to the fact that each individual strand of hair is hand tied to the lace by a single or double knot. Some wig manufacturers apply glue to the knots to add strength to the knots but it does not eliminate the shedding problem.
Other causes of shedding can be:
1. Washing the wigs in extremely warm water
2. Being too rough while combing or brushing wigs
3. Combing and brushing wigs while they are still wet
4. Not removing wig adhesives
5. Using greasy and oily hair products.
To help prevent shedding Best Wig Outlet recommends:
1. Removing all adhesives and glues
2. Using a knot sealer product to ensure that the knots do not weaken or come undone.
3. Do not blow dry wigs or sit under a hot hair dryer while wigs are wet. Blow-drying should be avoided as much as possible but when it is necessary wigs should only be blow dried on the lowest heat settings.
4. Do not itch or scratch the scalp through the lace of the wig. Although wigs can be itchy it is just something that must be ignored – fashion isn’t always comfortable!
5. Hair products that contain alcohol should be avoided at all costs. They cause the hair on the wigs to dry out, which leads to split ends, breakage and shedding.
Best Wig Outlet offers a giant selection of lace wigs, costume wigs, hair extensions, human hair wigs, wigs for children and just about any other wig or hair product imaginable. Their entire inventory can be viewed online at http://www.bestwigoutlet.com and they can be reached toll free at 800-715-5003.