Customisation options have increased significantly in recent years with the advent of new technology.
Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB UK) 15 February 2012
METCASE has extended the number of customisation options available for its popular UNIMET 19” rack case range.
Customisation for UNIMET now includes a much wider range of painting and logo/legend printing options, in addition to milling – providing complete fully finished housings for components.
Enclosures can be painted in any desired colour combination. Textured finishes and wet paint processes are also available on demand with a minimum order quantity of just 10 to 25 units, depending on the colour.
METCASE’S stylish UNIMET 19” rack mount enclosures have been designed for applications including test and measurement devices, audio and video systems and networking and communications equipment.
UNIMET 19 inch rack enclosures are painted in a modern fine textured light grey, RAL 7035 and window grey, RAL 7040 colour combination. The attractive design and finish is suitable for equipment which is designed for both rack mounting and desktop applications.
Each UNIMET aluminium rack mount case consists of a diecast front bezel which locates on the fabricated case body.
The stylish front bezel incorporates the rack mounting ears and unique ergonomic ‘comfort handles’ for maximum comfort when carrying and loading into the rack. The base panel can be removed separately. It includes mounting points for PCBs, assemblies and accessory ABS tilt feet.
Anodised aluminium front panels are available as accessories and are located into a recess in the front bezel.
The front panels include two ABS trims which hide the fixing screws and allow for fitting of a membrane keypad or product label.
The removable rear panel is also recessed to provide protection for power inlets, connectors, on/off switches and fan grills.
Prices for UNIMET 19 inch enclosures start at £102.
METCASE is the aluminium enclosures division of OKW. Sales & Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “Customisation options have increased significantly in recent years with the advent of new technology.
“Minimum order quantities are low so more and more customers are choosing customised enclosures,” he added.
Features of UNIMET 19” rack cases:
- Stylish range of 19" rack cases in aluminium
- Conforms to DIN 41494 and IEC 297-1
- Heights – 2U and 3U in two standard depths
- Attractive diecast front bezel incorporating
- Unique comfort handles and rack mounting ears
- Robust folded case body with removable base
- Removable rear panel
- Front panel (accessory) recessed in bezel for location of membrane keypads
- Mounting holes in base for PCBs
- Moulded feet (accessories) can be fitted to the base panel for table top applications
- Cases supplied fully assembled
- Materials – aluminium
- Protection Class – IP40 (Not rated)
- Standard colours – front bezel, window grey (RAL 7040); case body, light grey (RAL 7035), powder epoxy polyester paint
- Contents – top cover, base panel, 19" front bezel, rear panel, M4 x 16 mm (x4), M3 x 8 mm (x6), M3 x 8 mm (x6), M3 x 8 mm (x4), front panel kit (accessory), ABS case feet (accessory)
- Accessories – anodised front panel, moulded ABS case feet and tilt feet, PCB mounting pillars kit, rack mounting kit.
UNIMET is one of a number of rack cases manufactured by METCASE: Others include:
- VERSAMET – highly versatile 1U rack cases (fixed front panel)
- COMBIMET – universal 1U, 2U and 3U rack cases with removable top and base
- INSTRUMET – stylish 3U instrument cases for 19" subracks, chassis panels.
For more information about the UNIMET 19” rack case range, visit the METCASE website or contact Sales & Marketing Director Robert Cox, +44 (0)1489 583858.
Notes for Editors
METCASE Enclosures UK
15 Brunel Way
Tel: +44 (0)1489 583858
Fax: +44 (0)1489 583836
METCASE specialises in the design and manufacture of high quality aluminium enclosures for the electronics industry. The METCASE range has been designed to allow for modifications to be carried out with ease.
Special sizes and versions of the enclosures can be produced in batch quantities from as little as 10 units. This flexibility provides design engineers with an exceptional range of options for developing new products and variations.
# # #