METTEC has proved to be a popular range since its launch several years ago, thanks to its high quality specifications and innovative comfort handles.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) February 23, 2012
METCASE has launched a new finish for its METTEC 19” rack case range – Interlox 338 – replacing the previous Alocrom 1200 finish.
The Interlox 338 anti-corrosive finish applied to the main body of the METTEC rack cases complies with latest RoHS and WEEE directives.
Also, more customization options are now available for METTEC, including:
- bespoke paint colors, silk-screen logo/legend printing
- CNC milling, drilling, punching and folding
- customized front panels and special components
METTEC rack mount enclosures feature an attractive front bezel which incorporates unique ‘comfort handles’ for easy handling.
METTEC 19 inch rack cases are highly versatile. Typical applications include networking and communications equipment, industrial computers, sound and studio systems, laboratory instruments and industrial control systems.
This exclusive and robust 19” aluminum rack mount case range conforms to DIN 41594 and IEC standards and is available in depths of 6.59”, 10.51” and 14.45” and in three standard heights:
The front bezels of METTEC 19 inch rack enclosures are painted in light gray, RAL 7035, and the case bodies are pre-treated with the Interlox 338 anti-corrosive finish. Internal guide rails are included in the side extrusions for mounting PCB assemblies and chassis plates.
Uniquely, the anodized aluminum front panels can be removed while the enclosures are still in the racks – making equipment servicing much faster and easier.
The front panel kit for each housing includes two ABS cover trims which hide the fixing screws. The front panel is also recessed for location of a membrane keypad. Other accessories include chassis plates and a rack mounting kit. Prices for the enclosures start at $113.
METCASE is the metal enclosures division of OKW Enclosures, Inc. Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey said: “METTEC has proved to be a popular range since its launch several years ago, thanks to its high quality specifications and innovative comfort handles.
“Now advances in technology have made customization options faster, easier and more cost effective – enabling them to be produced in low volume batches,” he added.
Features of METTEC 19 inch rack enclosures:
- Exclusive range of 19" rack cases in aluminum
- Conforms to DIN 41494 & IEC 297-1
- Heights: 1U rackmount case, 2U and 3U
- Three standard depths – 6.59”, 10.51” and 14.45”
- Attractive diecast front bezel incorporating unique comfort handles and rack mounting ears
- Robust case body with flat top and base panels and extruded side and rear panels
- Front panel (accessory) recessed in bezel for location of membrane keypads
- Internal guide rails for PCBs and chassis plates
- Cases supplied fully assembled
- Order direct from METCASE or from distributors
- Material – aluminum
- Protection Class – IP40 (Not rated)
- Standard Colors – front bezel, light gray RAL 7035 (powder epoxy polyester paint)
- Case body finish – Interlox 338
- Contents – top panel, base panel, side extrusion (x2), 19" front bezel, rear extrusion, M4 x 16 mm (x4/8), M3 x 8 mm (x4), anodized front panel kit (accessory), 19" rack mounting kit (accessory)
- Accessories – anodized front panel, chassis plate, rack mounting kit
METTEC is one of a number of 19” rack case ranges designed and manufactured by METCASE.
Other ranges of rack mount enclosures produced by METCASE include:
- COMBIMET – 1U, 2U and 3U rack cases, which feature a fixed front panel and removable top and base
- INSTRUMET – modern 3U instrument cases for mounting 19" subracks, chassis and panels
- VERSAMET – highly versatile 1U rack cases with fixed front panels
- UNIMET – stylish 2U and 3U rack cases with removable front panels
For further information about METCASE’s 19” rack case ranges, please view the website or contact Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.
Notes For Editors
METCASE specializes in the design and manufacture of high quality aluminum enclosures for the electronics industry. The METCASE range has been designed to allow for modifications to be carried out with ease.
Special sizes and versions of the enclosures can be produced in batch quantities from as little as 10 units. This flexibility provides design engineers with an exceptional range of options for developing new products and variations.
METCASE is also the USA representative for the market-leading RETEX range of flat-pack 19” racks, 19” wall cabinets and SERIES 50 extruded aluminum enclosures.
METCASE is a division of the OKW Group.
OKW Enclosures, Inc
3000 Old Pond Road
Bridgeville, PA 15017
Phone: 412 220 9244
Fax: 412 220 9247