METTEC has proved to be a popular range since its launch several years ago, thanks to its high quality specifications and innovative comfort handles.
Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB UK) 14 March 2012
METCASE has launched a new finish for its METTEC 19” rack case range – Interlox 338 – replacing the previous Alocrom 1200 finish.
The Interlox 338 anti-corrosive finish applied to the main body of the METTEC rack cases complies with latest RoHS and WEEE directives.
Also, more customisation options are now available for METTEC, including:
- bespoke paint colours, silk-screen logo/legend printing
- CNC milling, drilling, punching and folding
- customised front panels and special components.
METTEC rack mount enclosures feature an attractive front bezel which incorporates unique ‘comfort handles’ for easy handling.
METTEC 19 inch rack cases are highly versatile. Typical applications include networking and communications equipment, industrial computers, sound and studio systems, laboratory instruments and industrial control systems.
This exclusive and robust 19” aluminium rack mount case range conforms to DIN 41594 and IEC standards and is available in depths of 167 mm, 267 mm and 367 mm and in three standard heights:
The front bezels of METTEC 19 inch rack enclosures are painted in light grey, RAL 7035, and the case bodies are pre-treated with the Interlox 338 anti-corrosive finish. Internal guide rails are included in the side extrusions for mounting PCB assemblies and chassis plates.
Uniquely, the anodised aluminium front panels can be removed while the enclosures are still in the racks – making equipment servicing much faster and easier.
The front panel kit for each housing includes two ABS cover trims which hide the fixing screws. The front panel is also recessed for location of a membrane keypad. Other accessories include chassis plates and a rack mounting kit. Prices for the enclosures start at £76.
METCASE is the metal enclosures division of OKW Enclosures Ltd. Sales & Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “METTEC has proved to be a popular range since its launch several years ago, thanks to its high quality specifications and innovative comfort handles.
“Now advances in technology have made customisation options faster, easier and more cost effective – enabling them to be produced in low volume batches,” he added.
Features of METTEC 19 inch enclosures:
- Exclusive range of 19" rack cases in aluminium
- Conforms to DIN 41494 & IEC 297-1
- Heights: 1U, 2U and 3U
- Three standard depths – 167 mm, 267 mm and 367 mm
- Attractive diecast front bezel incorporating unique comfort handles and rack mounting ears
- Robust case body with flat top and base panels and extruded side and rear panels
- Front panel (accessory) recessed in bezel for location of membrane keypads
- Internal guide rails for PCBs and chassis plates
- Cases supplied fully assembled
- Order direct from METCASE or from distributors
- Material – aluminium
- Protection Class – IP40 (Not rated)
- Standard Colours – front bezel, light grey RAL 7035 (powder epoxy polyester paint)
- Case body finish – Interlox 338
- Contents – top panel, base panel, side extrusion (x2), 19" front bezel, rear extrusion, M4 x 16 mm (x4/8), M3 x 8 mm (x4), anodised front panel kit (accessory), 19" rack mounting kit (accessory)
- Accessories – anodised front panel, chassis plate, rack mounting kit.
METTEC is one of a number of 19” rack case ranges designed and manufactured by METCASE.
Other ranges of rack mount enclosures produced by METCASE include:
- COMBIMET – 1U, 2U and 3U rack cases, which feature a fixed front panel and removable top and base
- INSTRUMET – modern 3U instrument cases for mounting 19" subracks, chassis and panels
- VERSAMET – highly versatile 1U rack cases with fixed front panels
- UNIMET – stylish 2U and 3U rack cases with removable front panels.
For further information about METCASE’s 19” rack case ranges, please view the website or contact Sales & Marketing Director Robert Cox, +44 (0)1489 583858.
Notes for Editors
METCASE Enclosures UK
15 Brunel Way
Tel: +44 (0)1489 583858
Fax: +44 (0)1489 583836
METCASE specialises in the design and manufacture of high quality aluminium enclosures for the electronics industry. The METCASE range has been designed to allow for modifications to be carried out with ease.
Special sizes and versions of the enclosures can be produced in batch quantities from as little as 10 units. This flexibility provides design engineers with an exceptional range of options for developing new products and variations.