(PRWEB) February 19, 2003
The most recent addition at online bookseller http://www.Choosebooks.com is a book that is bound to be helpful to book buyers who are learning to navigate the web for book bargains, value, quality customer service, and hard-to-find titles.
Every book lover, parent, or college student will want a copy of Stephen Windwalker's Buying Books Online: Finding Bargains and Saving Money with Booksense Stores, Amazon Marketplace, and Other Online Sites. This trade paperback from Harvard Perspectives Press is now available at http://www.Choosebooks.com for the nicely discounted price of $11.79 (a 26% savings compared to the book's retail list price of $15.95).
The copies available at Choosebooks.com are first trade edition copies signed by author. Windwalker is a longtime bookseller who wrote Selling Used Books Online: The Complete Guide to Bookselling at Amazon's Marketplace and Other Online Sites, one of the top 20 small business titles of 2002 in online sales.
In his new book Windwalker demonstrates the capacity for providing the inside scoop. He shows book buyers how they can safely navigate the global internet book marketplace to find the new, used, or rare books they want and need, in great condition, often at significant savings.
Windwalker's book helps buyers to understand the basic terminology of book selling so that they will be able to distinguish between different copies of a title with respect to condition, edition, binding, size, and age. They learn how to evaluate the professionalism of a seller based on customer feedback, book descriptions, customer service policies, and other available information, and they are provided with a helpful listing of the best places to buy books on the Internet.
Beyond these basics, book buyers will pick up some useful "tricks of the trade:"
- How to build an online relationship with your own neighborhood bookstore;
- When and how to use email to communicate with a seller to pin down important information;
- How to build a special relationship with a seller by establishing yourself as a responsive, repeat buyer;
- How to request and get special assistance in building a collection, acquiring a set of an author's first editions, or buying the books on your college course syllabi;
- How to read, use, and leave customer feedback to help yourself and other potential buyers;
- How to make the best use of available payment methods to protect yourself against fraud and to get your orders shipped as quickly as possible;
- When to consider re-selling or donating one or more of the books that you have purchased, and how to make the most of that experience;
- How to use "pre-orders" and "wants lists" to get the more scarce books you seek, at the best possible prices;
- How to use a title-searching site such as Bookfinder.com to help you identify the "best buy available" for any book you are seeking;
- How to develop a quick reference checklist to evaluate a seller before clicking through to submit a purchase; and much, much more.
To order your copy of Buying Books Online: Finding Bargains and Saving Money with Booksense Stores, Amazon Marketplace, and Other Online Sites go to: http://www.Choosebooks.com They still have some Signed, discounted copies in stock.