(PRWEB) January 8, 2003
January 1, 2003Â Boston, MA ÂDo your career resolutions include improving your networking skills?"
Marisa D'Vari, President of Deg.Com Communication and author of the book Presentation Magic: Dazzle & Deliver Talks with Confidence, offers five tips for effective networking she captures in the acronym "spine."
**5 Tips for Networking Success**
1. Strategize! Decide on your objective in advance. Focus on the key types of people you need to meet.
2. Partner! Networking events are great places to find like-minded partners with whom you can target specific industries or act as sources of referrals.
3. Image! People judge you by your appearance. A jacket with crisp lines gives you stature and authority.
4. Network! Strike up conversations with strangers.
5. Exit! Ending a conversation at the six-minute mark is perfectly appropriate so you can both go on and meet others.
Copyright DEG Â© 2000 Permission is granted to freely distribute this article with contact information in place: Marisa D'Vari is the President of Deg.Com Communications and the author of Presentation Magic: Dazzle & Deliver Talks With Confidence. Free tips available at her web site, http://www.deg.com firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 617 451 9914
D'Vari is available for radio/print interviews