(PRWEB) January 22, 2004
A group of Anderson, Indiana based businessmen have invented a new oil pump called "The Airlift Pumping System" that is believed to be the first pump in the nation to successfully pump oil using compressed air.
Airlift Services International (ASI) was founded by a group of businessmen led by President, Dr. John Marvel with the mission of making his shallow oil wells profitable. According to Dr. Marvel, "We were just not making it using the traditional oil field technology so I decided to do something about it and invented a new pumping system."
The Airlift Pumping system was funded by a grant from the U.S. Dept. of Energy and private angel investors. According to Dr. Marvel, "IÂm grateful for the help we have received from the Dept. of Energy along with investments in both time and money from a group of smart businessmen."
The Airlift Oil Pumping System has several advantages over the competition including:
- The Airlift Oil Pumping System's increased uptime and steady rate of operation allows wells to produce a greater percentage of the time and at their most productive rates.
- With the utilization of corrosion-resistant materials, the Airlift System greatly reduces the need to use chemicals.
- Because the Airlift system is constructed of corrosion-resistant materials, the frequency of maintenance checks is greatly reduced.
- The Airlift Oil Pumping System has no dangerous above-ground moving parts that can put an individual, including children, in harm's way.
- With the Airlift System, the stuffing box is eliminated, product line pressure is controlled, and surface vibration is reduced. This minimizes the risk of above-ground spills that could contaminate the land.
The Airlift Oil Pumping System has been under development for 5 years, with testing being done on wells owned by the company. According to Dr. Marvel, "After having watched the product work for the past 5 years, I have a lot of confidence in the system." Dr. Marvel went on to say, "I really feel like this technology is the wave of the future for owners of marginal oil wells."
Airlift Services International, Inc. (ASI), an Indiana-based oil service company, is believed to be the first company in the nation to successfully pump oil using compressed air. The Airlift Oil Pumping System will increase profits for owners of marginal wells by reducing maintenance costs and increasing efficiency. For more information go to the company website at http://www.airliftoil.com.