Carmel, CA (PRWEB) April 12, 2004
Kagan Research, the influential business of media analyst firm, is hosting the Kagan VoIP Summit, April 21 in New York City -- featuring 18 top executive speakers and the release of a new analyst report on the cable industry's emerging commercial services outlook.
The Kagan VoIP Summit's keynote speaker, Dallas Clement, SVP of Strategy and Development for Cox Communications, will delve into infrastructural issues and economic models surrounding the deployment of IP voice services. The presentation will compare and contrast various approaches to deployment and illuminate the MSOÂs own experiences with the technology. Clement, drawing from the MSOÂs successful telephony deployments, will also provide keen insight into tackling back office challenges and gaining consumer acceptance.
The Kagan VoIP Summit is subtitled The VoIP Revolution: Emerging Technologies and Economic Opportunities. This full-day conference will be held Wednesday, April 21, 2003 at the Helmsley Park Lane, 36 Central Park South, NYC. For more information or to register online: http://www.kagan.com/cgi-bin/pkcat/vip04s
With U.S. cable operators accelerating their entry into IP-based voice services and broad deployments on tap in 2004 and 2005 for virtually all of the large operators, the telephone business has emerged as the next critical battle ground for cable operators.
The second annual Kagan VoIP Summit will explore operator strategies, market opportunities and next-generation services in the fast-pace, high-stakes voice over IP boom. Panelists will focus on the latest achievements of MSOs in the VoIP sector, the impact of IP voice on revenue and cash flow growth, opportunities in the commercial sector and cableÂs migration away from a me-too voice service.
The Kagan VoIP Summit agenda will provide an exclusive peek at Kagan's important new analyst report on emerging business-to-business IP telephony opportunities titled Commercial Services Outlook: An Economic Analysis of Enterprise Market Opportunities For Full-Service Cable Operators.
Speakers at the event are leading executives from Rogers Communications, RelevantC, ARRIS, Scientific-Atlanta, Sprint, Motorola, Cisco Systems, Oppenheimer, IP Unity, Cidco, WorldGate, Sanford C. Bernstein, Vonage, Net2Phone, Liberty Media and the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.
- Jose Alegria, General Manager, Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico
- Alexander Brock, Vice President/Product Development, Rogers Communications
- Dallas S. Clement, Sr. Vice President/Strategy and Development, Cox Communications
- William Markey, President & General Partner, RelevantC
- Thomas Eagan, Sr. Analyst/Cable & Satellite TV Sectors, Oppenheimer & Co.
- Craig Moffett, Vice President & Sr. Analyst/U.S. Cable & Satellite Broadcasting, Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.
- Michael Pastor, President, Net2Phone Cable Telephony
- Jim Patterson, Vice President/Carrier, Access & Wholesale Markets, Sprint Business Solutions
- Rick Cimerman, Sr. Director/State Telecommunications Policy, NCTA
- Stan Brovont, Vice President/Broadband Marketing, ARRIS
- Paul Connolly, Vice President & General Manager/ Emerging Businesses, Scientific-Atlanta
- Kevin Keefe, Sr. Director/Commercial Services, Motorola
- Tara Mahoney, Director/Carrier Hosted & Cable Services, Wireline Networks, Nortel Networks
- Mark Bakies, Director/Marketing, Service Provider Voice, Cisco Systems
- Tom Beck, President, Cidco Communications
- Hal Krisbergh, Chairman & CEO, WorldGate Communications
- John Rego, CFO, Vonage
- Arun Sobti, Chairman & CEO, IP Unity
TO REGISTER NOW ONLINE GO TO:
OR CALL 1-800-307-2529 TODAY!
Regular rate: $795. On-site rate: $895.
Group rates available for 2 or more from the same company.
Inquiries: 831-624-1536. By fax: 831-625-3225.
To register by mail, please send check and registration information to: Kagan Events, 126 Clock Tower Place, Carmel CA 93923
# # #