(PRWEB) May 5, 2004
PLANO, TX (PRWEB) May 5, 2004 ÂÂ PFSweb, Inc. (Nasdaq: PFSW), a global provider of integrated business process solutions, today introduced GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ 2.0. Designed specifically for the IBMÂ® iSeries platform, GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ is a full-featured software suite that provides iSeries users a comprehensive solution to enable world class e-commerce for their companyÂs Web site while seamlessly and easily connecting that site with its back office iSeries applications.
GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂsÂ integration capabilities and patent-pending design allows companies with an online channel to easily include robust and real-time features such as inventory availability, integrated order processing linked to the order check out, access to back office pricing processes, sales tax calculation and credit card authorization in their e-commerce application. By leveraging the market-leading MicrosoftÂ®.Net Web architecture with the transaction processing power of the iSeries platform, GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ gives online businesses the best of both worlds.
ÂGlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ speaks the native language of the traditional iSeries RPG and COBOL developer, and gives companies the ability to quickly establish an e-commerce presence that is cost-effective and easy to implement using existing staff,Â said Michael Willoughby, chief information officer at PFSweb. ÂThe softwareÂs flexibility helps companies easily modify their e-commerce solution to address the ever-evolving thirst for functionality and information that businesses and consumers continue to demand.Â
GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ has a long and successful history and its development roots date back to the genesis of e-commerce in the mid-1990s. PFSweb has utilized GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ since 1997 as the heartbeat of its many e-commerce client solutions. PFSweb is now making publicly available the most recent version release of GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ 2.0.
ÂWeÂve developed and deployed advanced e-commerce software solutions for many clients for many yearsÂ said Mark Layton, president and chief executive officer of PFSweb. ÂOur web technology developers, we believe, are among the best in world and have earned us the reputation as a leading e-commerce solutions provider. The announcement of GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ 2.0 includes significant advancements in feature capability and cost performance. This latest release can be implemented in less time than competing products and at a fraction of the cost.Â
Layton added, ÂOur announcement to make GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ more broadly available is an important step in the evolution of the PFSweb Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services offering and we believe will be an exciting source for future revenue growth.Â
ÂGlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ has taken our e-commerce initiatives to the next level by providing the kind of B2C features expected by our savvy, contemporary online customers,Â said James Connell, manager of new media and e-commerce at Roots Canada, a Toronto-based apparel manufacturer and retailer. ÂThe quick and easy addition of the advanced online order process for our customized product lines helped us pioneer a revolutionary fashion concept and capitalize on new market potential.Â
GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ currently powers many of PFSwebÂs clientsÂ e-commerce sites and enables them to meet a variety of their e-commerce needs. Roots Canada (http://www.roots.com), Hewlett-Packard, iGo/Mobility Electronics (http://www.igo.com), ShellHomeGenie.com (Shell Energy Services Corp.), Pfizer Inc. (http://www.rogainedirect.com), and Smithsonian Business Ventures (http://www.smithsonianstore.com), are among the numerous companies utilizing GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ.
GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ features include:
- Commerce Engine Â Seamlessly combines MicrosoftÂ®.Net Web environment with the iSeries, the premier mid-range back office platform. Supports a wide range of B2C and B2B features that enable the development of a real-time integrated Web application that will enhance the customer experience and increase customer acquisition and retention.
- iS Connector Â Allows smooth, seamless integration between a companyÂs interactive Web site and its existing iSeries applications using traditional iSeries RPG and COBOL development skills.
- Merchant Services Connector Â Simplifies integration of online payment services and supports plug-n-play implementation of CyberSource, a secure and reliable service provider for online payment processing. Companies can offer their customers a range of payment options, from major national and international credit cards to PayPal online payment.
- Reporting and Analytics Â Integrates GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ with NetIQ Corp.Âs WebTrends Web Analytics solutions for up-to-the-minute analysis of Web site usage patterns and traffic flow, giving companies accurate and actionable insight for smarter business decisions.
- Developer Resources Â Contains a robust set of developer workbenches that provide the Web page developers and the iSeries programmers with easy-to-use tools for integration and testing an integrated Web application.
- Information Content Management Â Includes an easy-to-use Business Workbench that allows non-technical businesspeople efficiently manage the e-commerce elements of a dynamic online strategy, including product information, user profiles and groups, catalogs, campaigns and price offers, among others.
- Starter Templates Â Contains e-commerce Web site templates that companies can customize to fit their needs and quickly obtain an online presence.
For more information or to schedule a demonstration of the GlobalMerchant CommerceWareÂ 2.0, contact Richard Beasley at email@example.com or call 1-888-330.5504 ext.3090.
About PFSweb, Inc.
PFSweb deploys comprehensive outsourcing solutions to provide proven, fast and secure business infrastructure to enable traditional and e-commerce strategies. The PFSweb team of experts designs diverse solutions for clients around a flexible core business infrastructure. PFSweb solutions include: professional consulting services, e-marketplace logistics, order management, web-enabled customer contact centers, customer relationship management, international distribution and fulfillment services, reverse logistics, billing and collection services, kitting and assembly services and ERP information interfacing utilizing its Entente SuiteSM.
To find out more about PFSweb, Inc. (NASDAQ: PFSW), visit our website at http://www.pfsweb.com.
The matters discussed in this news release, particularly information regarding future revenue, earnings, business plans and goals, consist of forward-looking information within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and are subject to and involve risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking information. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. These statements are based on assumptions and estimates that management believes are reasonable based on currently available information; however, managementÂs assumptions and the CompanyÂs future performance are both subject to a wide range of business risks and uncertainties, and there is no assurance that these goals and projections can or will be met. Any number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking information contained herein is subject to the risk factors and uncertainties described in the CompanyÂs filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which risk factors and uncertainties are incorporated by this reference as though fully set forth herein.
This release can be found at the company Web site -- http://www.pfsweb.com --which is not a part of this release. PFSweb is a registered trademark. Entente Suite is a service mark of PFSweb, Inc. GlobalMerchant CommerceWare is a registered trademark of PFSweb, Inc. IBM is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corp. Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
# # #