London, UK (PRWEB) May 13, 2004
Connectotel today announced the release of version 2.0 of its LinkWall Suite software for Novell BorderManager. The LinkWall Suite, consisting of LinkWall, AdWall and FileWall, adds valuable functionality to Novell BorderManager by providing blocking of unwanted sites, advertising and defined file types, using public-domain site blocking lists.
The products are significantly less expensive than competing third-party solutions, which require costly ongoing annual subscriptions for downloading site-blocking lists.
The new features in version 2.0 are:
- Free use of the LinkWall Blacklist - an extensive list of sites to be blocked, licensed from urlblacklist.com
- LinkWall Toolkit - a group of tools and scripts for automating downloads of "blacklists" or "whitelists" from popular sites
- Includes an example advertising site-blocking list
- Single download of the LinkWall Suite
Marcus Williamson of Connectotel comments:
"Customers told us that administrators would like an integrated solution for automated downloading of site lists. We have provided the LinkWall Toolkit, still ensuring freedom of choice of the list being used, plus the option to use the LinkWall Blacklist at no additional cost.
The Connectotel LinkWall Suite provides the best value site blocking solution for users of Novell BorderManager. The release of version 2.0 adds significant additional value to the LinkWall Suite.
In its first year since launch, the LinkWall Suite has saved millions of dollars for organisations worldwide, money which would otherwise have been spent on yearly subscriptions for more expensive products."
Pricing and Availability
For pricing of the Connectotel LinkWall, AdWall and FileWall suite of products, please see:
45-day evaluation downloads of the Connectotel LinkWall, AdWall and FileWall software are available from the Connectotel website at
More information about Novell BorderManager can be found on the Novell website at:
Connectotel specializes in providing software development and consulting for networks, including Novell NetWare, Novell eDirectory, Novell BorderManager and GSM SMS. Other successful Connectotel products include SMSGateWay Duplex and Password Policy Manager. More information about Connectotel can be found at http://www.connectotel.com/
Telephone: +44 207 538 0436 (0207 538 0436 within UK)
Fax: +44 207 538 2588 (0207 538 2588 within UK)
FAQ - LinkWall Suite version 2.0
Q. What's new in LinkWall Suite version 2.0?
A. Free use of the LinkWall Blacklist - an extensive list of sites to be blocked, licensed from urlblacklist.com.
- LinkWall Toolkit - a group of tools for automating downloads of blacklists from popular sites
- Includes an example advertising site blocking list
- Single download of the LinkWall suite
Q. Who can use the LinkWall Blacklist?
A. The use of the LinkWall Blacklist is available to all users who have current Annual Support and Maintenance (ASM) with Connectotel. ASM is free of charge for the first 12 months. Subsequently, ASM is 20% of your initial software license purchase price. ASM provides you with support and software maintenance for LinkWall, AdWall and FileWall.
Please contact your reseller to purchase ASM if you do not have a current ASM arrangement.
Q. Do I have to use the LinkWall Blacklist?
A. No, LinkWall customers can still use any available public domain or
commercial site list in text format. Freedom of choice and transparency of the list contents remain an important aspect of using the LinkWall Suite.
Q. What is the LinkWall Toolkit?
A. The LinkWall Toolkit is a group of tools for automating downloads of "blacklists" or "whitelists" from popular sites.
Q. Where are the individual downloads for the LinkWall, AdWall and FileWall evaluation versions?
A. From version 2.0 onwards the LinkWall Suite evaluation can be downloaded as a single file from http://www.connectotel.com/linkwall/lwsform.html
Q. What are the advantages of using the LinkWall Suite?
A. The LinkWall Suite is the only solution for Novell BorderManager which can make use of public domain blocking lists, such as the squidGuard Blacklist and DMOZ lists, or the Connectotel-supplied LinkWall Blacklist.
- The LinkWall Suite does not require expensive ongoing subscriptions to maintain proprietary site blocking lists.
- The list of sites to be blocked is completely open to inspection and can be easily added to or edited by the Administrator.
- The LinkWall Suite operates in conjunction with your existing Novell
BorderManager software and does not require additional server or gateway hardware.
- The LinkWall Suite is easy to install and configure.
- Once deployed, the software can be left running without any further
intervention from the Administrator.
- The LinkWall Suite integrates with your existing administration tools.
# # #