Paoli, PA (PRWEB) June 10, 2004 -
Â According to the US Census bureau there are more than 14.4 million men aged 65+ in the U.S., many of whom are parents. Finding a Father's Day gift that they will appreciate can be challenging. Wellhaven Gifts for Seniors (http://www.wellhaven.com) provides some tips on selecting useful and unique Father's Day gifts.
For active seniors, choose a gift related to their hobby or interest.
- Choose clothing and accessories for use in their favorite activity. Dad may appreciate practical items such as a new sportsmanÂs vest or a golf wind shirt. For accessories, give Dad a gold-plated money clip and key ring with golfer, hunter and fisherman designs.
- Gadgets make good gifts. Dads like anything that makes life easier. Choose items such as cell phone amplifiers or even a stylish walking stick with a casino pattern on the shaft.
- Give the gift of entertainment. Select a gift certificate to local restaurant or movie theatre. Or, choose a collection of musical memories from a bygone era that Dad can enjoy while in the car or at home.
For elderly fathers consider items that enable easier everyday living or promote social interaction.
- Make lawn and garden chores easier. If your dad lives in his own home, mow the lawn, tend the garden or arrange for it to be done on a regular basis. For aging parents who prefer to do their own lawn and garden activities, consider ergonomic tools that ease strain on the joints.
- Help those with vision difficulties. Choose large print books, large face watches, clocks or playing cards. Lighted magnifiers are often useful in reading the small print on medication vials or cooking instructions on food containers.
- Give the gift of communication. When selecting big button, amplified or multi-feature specialty telephones, ensure that the phone is hearing-aid-compatible (if applicable) and eliminates feedback and distortion for clear communication. When selecting an emergency response telephone, determine if there are any recurring monthly fees associated with using it.
Selecting gifts for senior dads, whether they are active or elderly, can be challenging. But he will appreciate thoughtfully selected gifts that help him enjoy life better or maintain independence. For more information on practical Father's Day gifts for seniors visit http://www.wellhaven.com/giftsforhim.
Wellhaven offers Gifts for Seniors that make life easier or help them celebrate milestone events. We offer hundreds of gifts in categories such as:
- 70th Â 100th Birthdays
- 25th Â 50th Wedding Anniversaries
- Age-Less Humor
- Enablers Â arthritis aids, amplified phones, etc.
Wellhaven Helpful Gifts for Seniors serves three distinct groups.
1. Adult children of aging parents who buy gifts for Senior Citizens
2. Seniors who buy for themselves or friends
3. Aging Service organizations such as Senior Centers, Adult Day Care Centers, Retirement Communities, Assisted Living Facilities, Nursing Homes and Hospitals.
For more information about Wellhaven, visit http://www.wellhaven.com and select the "About Us" tab.
Editor's and Producer's Notes
1. High and low-resolution electronic images are available. Let us know where to send them.
2. We are happy to do in-studio product demonstrations for consumer segments.
3. Patricia Curry, President of Wellhaven, LLC is available for interviews about her company as well as e-commerce and entrepreneurship.
# # #