Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) June 10, 2004
Scala, Inc., the leading provider of digital signage control software, today strengthens its position with the release of version 7.1 of the InfoChannel 3 suite of products. This new release builds upon the already strong digital signage platform, adding support for Microsoft Streaming Media and High Definition (HDTV) playback. Release 7.1 also adds support for Unicode, setting the stage for supporting a broad array of Asian character sets including Japanese, Chinese and Korean. These features open the door to a host of new potential digital signage applications and markets, making the Scala digital signage platform more attractive to value added resellers and system integrators worldwide Â and moving the world one step closer to the futuristic vision of digital signage portrayed in the recent Hollywood movie, Minority Report.
The Japanese version of InfoChannel 3, with a Japanese language user interface and comprehensive manuals, is immediately available from NEC, Scala's strategic partner in Japan ( http://www.nec.co.jp/press/en/0310/0703.html ). A French version of InfoChannel 3 is now also available.
"I trust Scala and therefore immediately upgraded everything to release 7.1 using the remote upgrade feature." states Jan Esterhuizen of Ethniks Systems, Computer Solutions for Africa, ( http://www.ethniks.co.za ) who is deploying to over 250 bank locations in South Africa. Release 7.1 of InfoChannel 3 is being unveiled on June 9, 2004 at the InfoComm tradeshow in Atlanta at the Georgia World Congress Center in booth #3928. InfoChannel 3 will also be on display in Panasonic Broadcast & Television Systems booth #654, NEC-Mitsubishi Electronics Display booth #4955, JVC Professional Products Company booth #1931, ActiveLight booth #4123, and on InfoComm's own signage designed by DaVinci Bridge ( http://www.davincibridge.com ) throughout the show.
HIGHLIGHTS OF INFOCHANNEL 3 RELEASE 7.1Â
- Support for Windows Media 9, WMV streams in digital signage
- Ability to mix HDTV 720p, 1080i and 1080p into digital signage content
- Interface improved for quickly selecting fonts by their visual appearance
- Ability to copy and paste attributes between elements, such as font, color and shadow
- Exact timing for transitions, reveals, fades, zooms, fly-ons and fly-offs
- Ability to add custom fields to log files to aid with special billing scenarios
- Improvements made to video transitions and global craw playback performance
- New summary and detailed views in Network Manager
- FTP improvements made to allow resuming upload/download during transmission
- Better interface for viewing the logs for very large networks
- Sophisticated bandwidth management for IP multicast re-transmission
- Health monitoring logs compressed for faster retrieval and more efficient storage
- HD TV Tuner EX support for MyHD MDP-120 card
- Improved TV Tuner channel changing and overlay switching
Applications for InfoChannel 3 include dynamic digital signage in retail point of purchase, corporate communications and training, government and education, digital menu boards, product branding, digital merchandising, and emergency alert systems in such venues as corporate offices, banks, factories, stadiums, hotels, hospitals, airports, malls, and wherever people congregate. Scala InfoChannel 3 Release 7.1 is available immediately to Scala Authorized Resellers. For additional information or demo, please visit our website at http://www.scala.com
ABOUT SCALA, INC.
Scala, Inc. pioneered the industry of digital signage in 1987, and is today headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with operations in California, the UK, The Netherlands and Japan. As flat panel and networking technologies catch up with Scala's vision, Scala finds itself with over a 15-year head start, helping it to win some of the largest digital signage engagements and most respectable partners in the industry. Companies that are standardizing their digital signage equipment on the Scala InfoChannel 3 platform include Christie, Fujitsu-Siemens, Hughes Network Systems, IBM EMEA, JVC, NEC, and Panasonic. A network of over 250 Value Added Resellers across the globe offer Scala InfoChannel solutions, and constitute our sales and support force that extends to every continent but Antarctica.
Director of eBusiness
Email form: http://www.scala.com/pr
Scala and InfoChannel are registered trademarks of Scala, Inc. All
other trademarks are the property of their respective organizations.
# # #