PORTLAND, OR (PRWEB) June 20, 2004
Shopping divas now have a new way to find out what's cool and hip in the Rose City. Portland Picks, a fun and sassy email newsletter, offers weekly missives on cool new products, trendy dining spots and all the best-kept secrets in Portland. Founder Kathi O'Neil dubs this newsletter "all about your life...with style." Portland Picks will officially launch its newsletter with Splurge for a Cure! -- a benefit for the Big Bam! Foundation, which raises awareness of breast cancer in women 35 to 40.
Splurge for a Cure! kicks off on Friday, July 9 and continues through July 15th. During this week Portlanders can shop and dine at participating boutiques and restaurants and 10% of the purchase will be donated to the Big Bam! Foundation. Just log onto http://www.portlandpicks.com, print out a coupon and bring it to one or more of our partners... and start shopping!
"I love living in Portland and Portland Picks allows me to communicate with others what I find cool about the city from fashion, retro-inspired everything, music, dining, shopping, travel and more," says founder Kathi OÂNeil. "I want to give back to the greater community and think Splurge for a Cure! is a fun, lighthearted way to shop and raise money for something so close to our hearts."
About Big Bam! Foundation
The Big Bam Foundation hosts dynamic events nationwide to raise funds for free mammograms, surgeries, and treatments for uninsured women with breast cancer and to educate women under 40 about breast health. Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in women ages 35-40. For more information, please visit http://www.bigbam.com.
About Portland Picks
Founded in January 2004, Portland Picks is a subscription-driven weekly column delivered to subscribers each Friday via email. Portland Picks founder, Kathi O'Neil started her career in Manhattan with Hearst Magazines and The Hearst Corporation. As a native Oregonian, O'Neil and her husband returned to Portland in the early 90's. O'Neil started Westover Media, a full-service marketing firm whose partial list of clients include: Elle, In Style, Lucky, Tom's of Maine, Oprah, Gourmet, The New Yorker, Town and Country, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Conde Nast Traveler, W and Health. O'Neil can be seen regularly on AM Northwest delivering recommendations and hints from the recent issues of Portland Picks. For more information visit http://www.portlandpicks.com.
- Bee & Thistle, 2328 NW Westover Road, (503)222-3510
- Blush Beauty Bar, 513 NW 23rd Avenue, (503)227-3390
- Cielo Home & Garden, 528 NW 12th Avenue, (503)445-0111
- Coco & Toulouse Go Shopping, 7080 SW 16th Avenue, (503)236-5999
- Emily-Jane, 1623 NE 15th Avenue, (503)460-0516
- Galore Department Store, 827 NW 23rd Avenue, (503)279-8946
- Hub Optix, 700 SW 5th Avenue, (503)242-9090
- Meringue, 85 First Street, Lake Oswego, (503)635-1063
- Physical Element, 1124 NW Lovejoy Street, (503)224-5425
- Retread Threads, 931 SW Oak, (503)916-0000
- Carafe, 200 SW Market, (503)248-0004
- Fife, 4440 NE Fremont, (971)222-3433
- Fratelli, 1230 NW Hoyt, (503)241-8800
- GiorgioÂs, 1131 NW Hoyt Street, (503)221-1888
- HurleyÂs, 1987 NW Kearney Street, (503)295-6487
- In Good Taste, 231 NW 11th, (503)248-2015
- Mint and 820, 816 and 820 N. Russell Street, (503)284-5518
- St. HonorÃ© Boulangerie, 2335 NW Thurman Street, (503)445-4342
# # #