KISSIMMEE, FL (PRWEB) June 22, 2004
This summer, families can celebrate the best of the Sunshine State Â under one roof Â by visiting the Best of Florida Festival at Gaylord Palms Resort. The new festival features special weekend entertainment and events, including a new indoor laser show finale. The festival runs weekends July 10-Aug. 1, and Aug. 14-Sept. 5. Festival hours are Saturdays from noon until 10 p.m. and Sundays from noon until 6 p.m.
Best of Florida Festival celebrates all that makes Florida greatÂ its legends, festivals, events, foods, landscapes and creatures.
The festival is staged inside the resort's 4.5-acre glass-covered atrium, making it one of the only indoor festivals in the state. Best of Florida Festival will include several themed areas:
- Everglades Village: Visit a Florida backwaters village, complete with character actors, crafters, live alligators, artisans, storytellers, and music.
- KeyWestFest: The energy of fun-filled Key West, featuring artists, tightrope walkers, performers, live music, steel drums, and even a live mermaid.
- Legacy Corner: Celebrate history with medieval characters, pirates and renaissance performers.
- Best of Florida Central: Listen to live music, explore a kids' zone, and visit artist booths. At Festival U, discover gardening tips, participate in a wine and food seminar, learn about spa treatments you can create at home, and attend travelogues from Florida destinations.
"This festival will have something for everybody," said John Caparella, general manager. "We've created a family activity that gives families a reason to spend time togetherÂ in the air-conditioned comfort of our atrium."
Best of Florida Festival will feature activities around every corner, including:
- Summer SUN-sations, an end-of-night laser show finale held inside the resort atrium, featuring amazing lasers and upbeat music (Held Saturday evenings only)
- Live Entertainment Â enjoy talented Florida musicians
- Artisan Displays Â Visit artisans as they create their magic in front of your eyes
- Gatorland's Camp Gator - learn more about alligators from the experts at Gatorland
- Storytellers and Ghost Stories - Gather together to hear legends of Florida, from members of the Florida Storytellers Association
- Nightly Sunset Celebration Â A Key West tradition, featuring entertainers, artisans, and performers
- Sand sculpture displays Â See amazing sand sculptures created by award-winning artists, including an amazing three-side sculpture that depicts Florida scenes
- The Gaylord Gardener seminars - free seminars and tours from the gardening experts at Gaylord Palms
- Gaylord Gourmet seminars Â a food and wine-tasting event (additional fee)
- Florida Travelogues Â learn more about the many things to do in Florida
- Antique car displays Â See the best automobiles of yesteryear
- Displays and entertainment from Florida's top attractions
A special "Best of Florida Festival" weekend family packages starts at $199 per night and includes:
- Atrium-view accommodations
- Gourmet buffet breakfast daily (for two adults and two children)
- 2 adult tickets to SeaWorld Adventure Park (a $107.90 value!)
- Snack delivered to room upon arrival
- Commemorative Best of Florida Festival gift
- 10 percent discount on purchase in restaurants, select shops, and Canyon Ranch SpaClub
- Access to all non-ticketed Best of Florida Festival events
- Welcome reception (Friday evening arrivals only)
Admission to the festival is $10 per carload, and includes parking and most events. Guests who dine at the resortÂs restaurant will have the entry fee validated.
For more reservations or more information, please call Gaylord Palms at 407-586-2000, or visit the Best of Florida Festival web site at http://www.gaylordpalms.com/bestfest. Complete weekend schedules will be posted on the website beginning June 23.
About Gaylord Palms
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center has gained the attention of the meeting and convention industry by providing world-class convention and leisure-focused amenities Â all in one place. The award-winning Gaylord Palms is a Gaylord Hotels-branded property owned by Gaylord Entertainment (NYSE: GET), a leading hospitality and entertainment company based in Nashville, Tenn. For more information, visit http://www.gaylordpalms.com or http://www.gaylordentertainment.com.
(Editor's Contact: Keith Salwoski, Gaylord Palms Resort, 407-586-0315)
(Guest Contact: Gaylord Palms reservations, 407-586-2000)
Festival Fact Sheet
Best of Florida Festival at Gaylord Palms
Visitors to Orlando can experience the state's newest Â and most unique Â festival.
Inside the soaring 4.5-acre atriums, Gaylord Palms features the Sunshine State's most unique summer festivalÂ where it's always a comfortable 72 degrees!
Every weekend, Best of Florida Festival celebrates all that makes Florida greatÂ its legends, festivals, events, foods, landscapes and creatures.
Families will find activities around every corner, including "Summer SUN-sations," an amazing indoor laser finale on Saturday evenings.
Weekends July 10-Aug. 1; Aug. 14-Sept. 5
Saturdays Noon Â 10 p.m.
Sundays Noon Â 6 p.m.
Events held throughout the Gaylord Palms air-conditioned atriums.
To celebrate the things we love about the state of Florida, including the history, myths, legends, festivals, events, food, creatures and landscapes of the Sunshine State.
A $10 event admission fee per carload. Guests will receive discount coupons good for Gaylord Palms restaurants, shops and Canyon Ranch SpaClub. Select festival opportunities (such as the Gaylord Gourmet) will have a fee. Entry fee will be validated for those who dine at Gaylord Palms restaurants. Weekend overnight packages start at $199 and include tickets to SeaWorld and much more.
For more festival information and complete schedule information, visit http://www.gaylordpalms.com/bestfest
# # #