New York City, NY (PRWEB) June 23, 2004
Ever heard of a divorce lawyer providing hours worth of legal advice for less than the price of two movie tickets, and then donating a portion of her fees to charity? ThatÂs exactly what Manhattan divorce lawyer Nihara K. Choudhri does in her new book, The Complete Guide to Divorce Law ($15.95 Kensington Books June 2004). Full of helpful tips and advice, Choudhri's book promises to save divorcing individuals money, time and emotional energy.
But does it deliver? Absolutely, say some of the countryÂs most well-respected divorce lawyers. John Vassallo, Esq., a partner with the New York firm of Franklin, Weinrib, Rudell & Vassallo, guarantees that the book "will save divorce clients hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars." Stacy Phillips, Esq., a partner with the California firm of Phillips, Lerner & Lauzon LLP, calls the book a "must read" and a "valuable reference guide" for anyone going through a divorce.
Since average divorce-related legal bills now run to a whopping thirty thousand dollars, cutting legal costs should be a top priority for anyone going through a divorce. Choudhri offers the following five cost-saving tips for a more civilized divorce:
1. Take the time to learn the divorce laws. "If you spend a little time understanding how the divorce laws work in your state, youÂll be much better prepared for the road ahead," says Choudhri.
2. Don't use the divorce process to get revenge on your spouse. "While itÂs tempting to use the court system to punish your spouse, youÂll likely just end up punishing yourself and racking up high legal bills," warns Choudhri.
3. Don't try to "win" your divorce case. "Instead of aiming to 'win', just focus on getting a fair deal," she advises.
4. Don't put your children in the middle. "Make sure that your children are insulated from the conflict," emphasizes Choudhri.
5. Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. "Whatever you do," says Choudhri, "don't go marching into court unless you've exhausted all other options."
Ten percent of ChoudhriÂs proceeds from the book will be donated to The Center for Battered Women's Legal Services at Sanctuary for Families ( http://www.sanctuary.org ).
For additional information or to request a free copy of The Complete Guide to Divorce Law, contact Nihara K. Choudhri, Esq. directly at (212) 223-8409.
# # #