Mt. Laurel, NJ (PRWEB) June 28, 2004
Americans spent over $40 billion on diet and weight loss products in 2003... yet we are fatter than ever and obesity related health problems cost us over $117 billion in 2001 according to Gregg Gillies, author and trainer. "Something is clearly wrong with this picture. The fitness magazines stay in business by generating advertising revenue from these companies. It's not profitable for the magazines to tell you the truth - that the vast majority of supplements don't work." Gillies also suggests the following 5 tips to help get you started in the right direction so that you donÂt become one of the 95% of people who lose weight and then gain it all back and more.
1. Don't just drink water, drink ice cold water. Your body burns calories by warming ice cold water during digestion to the tune of up to 100 calories per day. By switching from water to ice cold water you can lose up to an extra 10 pounds of fat in a year's time.
2. Eat more protein - your body uses more calories to digest protein than it does for either carbohydrates or fat - up to 268% more calories each meal.
3. Eat more frequently - digesting your food has a metabolic cost. By eating smaller, more frequent meals, your body burns more calories in a day than if you eat fewer, larger meals, even if the total calories consumed for the day is the same.
4. Perform high intensity weight training - while aerobics may burn more calories during the workout session, high intensity weight training keeps your metabolism higher for up to 39 hours after your workout is over. Yes, you burn more calories sitting around doing nothing by utilizing weight training instead of aerobics.
5. Build Muscle - Adding muscle is the only way to make sure you don't become one of the 95% of people that lose weight only to put it all back on and more. Adding muscle permanently increases your metabolism at the rate of about 50 calories per day per pound of muscle. By adding 10 pounds of muscle you will not only completely reshape your body, you will boost your metabolism by burning an extra 500 calories a day, every day or 1 pound of fat per week.
Gregg Gillies is the author of Fit Physique, available at http://www.buildleanmuscle.com/fitphysique To get a free in depth fat loss special report send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll learn more detailed tips and strategies you can use right away to build your best body fastt.
Some reviewer comments: "Gregg's book, Fit Physique, explains everything you need to know on developing a great body." Chris Scarbourough, Certified Personal Trainer, http://www.trainingyoungathletes.com ; "Gregg's entire book is awesome! It's filled with some of the best information you will find about building muscle, losing fat and looking great." Jim Labadie, Certified Personal Trainer Owner, Achieve Total Fitness; "The program is the real deal, and I am very excited about the coming weeks, especially after the results I saw within 7 days. Thanks again." Chris Carpenter New Jersey
Note to Editor: Gregg Gillies is available for candid and informative interviews on health and fitness via phone Â 856-778-0649 or email Â email@example.com.
# # #