(PRWEB) June 29, 2004
Tourists know the difficulty in finding quality, detailed information about the place they're visiting. Trying to sift through multiple sources to find whatÂs on, whatÂs worth seeing, or where to stay can be frustrating and time consuming. Now people visiting Ireland can find it all at hand with the release of a new toolbar from A Guest Of Ireland (http://www.aguest-of-ireland.com)
The first of its kind in Ireland, this release gives tourists easy access to relevant information and resources direct from their browser. It is now possible for visitors to book accommodation and cars, find festivals and pubs, and access government and tourism information directly.
According to Brian O'Connell, Chief Executive of A Guest Of Ireland, it was important that the toolbar be a complete offering;
"We decided that Irelands first travel toolbar should have all the features and resources that a visitor or local could need. For that reason we spent time compiling a comprehensive yet selective collection of links. For instance we have links to government web sites but also direct links to information, such as visa requirements, within those sites."
Following this philosophy, the toolbar offers direct access to a range of features including;
- A Guest Of Ireland itself with it's full complement of hotel, guesthouse, bed and breakfast, hostel and self-catering accommodation, nationwide car-hire, festival listings, pub reviews, and more.
- Ireland Resource Center with direct links to information such as bus, train and airline timetables, news sources, visa requirements, Irish lessons, destination guides, entertainment listings and more.
- International Resource Center with links to international accommodation, car rental, news and destination guides.
- Email center with links to Hotmail and Yahoo Mail.
- Search function which allows the user to search Google directly.
- Pop-up blocker which eliminates annoying pop-up adverts which interrupt the users surfing.
The release of the toolbar continues A Guest Of Irelands pioneering position in Irelands tourism industry. Innovations include being the first website to offer fully integrated booking software as standard to B&B s, and making content such as festival listings and pub reviews easily available for integration in other web sites.
The toolbar is available now as a quick download direct from http://www.aguest-of-ireland.com.
About A Guest Of Ireland
A Guest Of Ireland is a company providing services to the independent accommodation sector in Ireland and to the tourist in Ireland. The website (http://www.aguest-of-ireland.com) it is one of the most visited tourist websites in the country (source Alexa Internet) and allows individual premises to take bookings directly and securely from around the world.
In addition to booking from a wide range of accommodation types visitors to the site can also hire a car, book a sightseeing tour, and get information on festivals and pubs in the locality they are visiting.
# # #