Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) August 5, 2004
Success is something everyone strives for, in work and in life. But sometimes, hard work is not enough. You have to work smart. You have to relate well with those around you. You must have direction and a strong sense of self in order to make it in todayÂs corporate world.
Speaker and corporate consultant Richard S. Guha has written, " How To Get What You Most Want in Life-Achieve Worldly and Emotional Career Success," a clear, concise book about how to get ahead and achieve personal and emotional satisfaction. Guha is not a self-help guru. HeÂs a former CEO and board member of several Fortune 500 companies, hired as a consultant by a variety of industries to help firms strategically grow their businesses.
Now heÂs offering up valuable real life experience for the general reader:
- Learn the lesson of the Âexpectation effectÂ; Harvard researcher Robert Rosenthal proved that children held to higher standards performed better, regardless of ability.
- Believe in your abilities. Reward yourself occasionally. Stay away from a loved one, boss or colleague who constantly Âputs you down.Â
- DonÂt take the consensus of a small group, whether theyÂre your friends or colleagues. Always seek independent confirmation and firsthand knowledge.
- To succeed you must often rethink the game and rewrite the rules. Go back to the drawing board when something doesn't work. The only certainty is change.
- Learn the variables that positively correlate to successÂinnovation, political knowledge, career initiative. Also learn those that negatively correlate to career success, such as criticism vs. constructive challenge intended to improve.
Such advice may sound general and obvious, but Guha laces his accounts with real life examples from his business experiences that help readers form a clear picture of what heÂs writing about. These arenÂt hypotheses; they are lessons learned first hand, imparted honestly and directly. Best of all his formula for success includes remaining ethical.
How to Get What You Most Want in Life Â 2
ÂMy book shows how attitude, presentation, listening, openness, creativity, and integrity will help anyone become successful,Â remarked Mr. Guha. Â I tell it honestly and openly, with no holds barredÂ . let the chips fall where they mayÂ
Jack Roberts, host of Los Angeles-based Cable Radio Network says: ÂRichard Guha tells us a lot about how big business works todayÂ he has learned so much from his successful career as a global CEO and Chief Marketing Officer in consumer goods and services, high technology, media, entertainment, health-care, energy, and telecommunicationsÂ . this is a must read for all those who seek to achieve their business and career goals.Â
Richard Guha is an extremely successful businessman and an advisor to many Fortune 500 companies and CEOs. He has been a corporate officer of three major international corporations and a CEO, CMO, founder and board member of many others. He brought fifteen years of experience in packaged goods at Proctor & Gamble and Mars Inc. to bear advising a myriad of other industries, playing a pivotal role in the transformation of companies such as Comcast/US West, Reliant Energy and Remedy/BMC Software. He is also credited the creator of the consumer ÂbroadbandÂ market when he initiated use of the term when he introduced MediaOne (now part of Comcast). He holds BachelorÂs and MasterÂs degree from Cambridge University.
For more information about the author, his services as a speaker and business consultant and his compelling new book visit Mr. GuhaÂs website at http://www.takecontrolof.com or blog at http://takecontrolof.blogspot.com/
How To Get What You Most Want In Life: Achieve Worldly And Emotional Career Success
Publisher: iUniverse, Inc:
Hardcover ISBN: 05956625: List Price: $ 23.95, 116 pages
Paperback ISBN: 0595310850: List Price: $ 13.95, 116 pages
Available at Amazon.com; Barnes & Noble; Powells and other fine book outlets.
Media Contact: Charlie Barrett, 310-471-5764, E-mail: [email protected]
Richard S. Guha Â 626-616-3492 or [email protected]
# # #