Richmond, CA (PRWEB) August 16, 2004
Keyspan, AmericaÂs #1 brand of USB connectivity products*, is now shipping its USB Parallel Transfer Cable. The cable and software provide a complete solution for connecting an older PC (with no USB port) to a new PC (with USB port) in order to transfer files or to synchronize a desktop PC with a laptop PC.
The Keyspan USB Parallel Transfer Cable has an MSRP of $29 and is available to resellers at Ingram Micro, D&H, and Wynit; and to consumers at, CDW, PC Connection and other leading computer products resellers.
While many older PCs do not support USB, many new PCs, including more and more laptops, have dropped serial and parallel ports. Keyspan has developed a cable that connects the parallel port of the old PC to the USB port of the newer PC. The cable enables file transfer and synchronization in instances where USB-USB, Ethernet-Ethernet, or Parallel-Parallel connectivity is not possible.
The Keyspan USB Parallel Transfer Cable lets users:
- Display content of connected PCs with dual file tree
- Copy, move, and delete files, groups of files, or whole directories
- Use conditional replacement modes for file synchronization
- Transfer rates from 4 MB- to 10 MB per minute with data compression
- Copy files with 32-bit CRC integrity verification
- Supports all 32-bit versions of Windows
ÂNow PC users have a simple and reliable way to connect their older Win95 desktops with the new generation of PCs,Â said Mike Ridenhour, president of Keyspan. ÂThe Keyspan USB Parallel Transfer Cable is unique solution for file transfer, synchronization, and PC migration."
Keyspan products provide ÂConnections for Your Computer.Â The companyÂs first products provided serial ports for connecting to traditional computer peripherals such as modems, printers and graphics tablets. Over time, Keyspan has expanded its horizons, connecting the PC and Macintosh to other items found in the home, school and office. Keyspan products are available to resellers via Ingram and to consumers through leading catalogs and online resellers.
Editors can reach Keyspan at 510-222-0131 or via e-mail at info@keyspan. The Keyspan website is located at http://www.keyspan.com
Mike Ridenhour, Keyspan, 510-222-0131 x102; email@example.com
Bill Gram-Reefer, WORLDVIEW, 925-215-8463; firstname.lastname@example.org
- NPD Distributor Hardware Accessory Report shows that Keyspan is the top selling brand of USB connectivity products for the last three years. KeyspanÂs cards, hubs, and adapters offer reliable connectivity solutions for the home, school, and office.
# # #