Aptos, CA (PRWEB) August 24, 2004
Company leaders can build exceptional employee productivity by focusing on trust, inclusion and open communications. By fostering inclusive work environments, organizations can enjoy productivity gains and reduce costly turnover in volatile times. Such gains translate into higher revenue and better investor relations.
The study ÂHow Employee Inclusion Increases Productivity,Â was conducted by Aptos business communications consultancy One Straight Line and polled 256 HR executives at companies with fewer than 500 employees. An executive summary of the report is available on the One Straight Line web site, http://www.onestraightline.com
ÂExecutives indicate they are more concerned than ever about productivity and employee retention,Â said One Straight Line Partner David Leland. ÂYet many still attempt to apply cookie-cutter solutions when what they actually need is answers that fit the people, tools and processes in their specific working environments.Â
LelandÂs partner, Michael Knowles, agrees. ÂThe secret to greater productivity is really no secret at all,Â he said. ÂOur study affirms that inclusive work environments are a key requirement for high-performance organizations. Building inclusion requires a total communications strategy that fits each companyÂs unique situation.Â
- More than half of the non-management respondents said executives excluded them in the decision-making process.
- Almost eight in ten respondents said employee productivity is directly tied to employee inclusion.
- Fewer than half the respondents measured the relationship between employee productivity and inclusion.
- Only a third of the respondents were satisfied with their access to the executive staff.
- Two-thirds of the respondents said executive honesty is directly related to employee productivity.
One Straight Line is based in Aptos, CA. The consultancy helps businesses build high-performance organizations by using proven communication tools and techniques to increase employee productivity and deliver greater value to their customers. To purchase a report, or to ask additional questions, call 1-888-551-0051.
# # #