(PRWEB) September 4, 2004
Accord Software & Systems Inc., a leader in business productivity software for small and medium scale enterprises has released a new version of their award winning Project management tutor, a freeware to introduce fundamentals of project management to aspiring professionals.
The tutor provides an introduction to project management from a practitioner's perspective. It gives a head start to project leaders and senior professionals to learn the necessary tips and tricks to help them deliver their projects on time, within budget meeting all customer expectations. It is sure to help management students to get a handle on practical aspects of project management as well. The freeware is essentially an e-book which allows professionals to download and learn at their own pace. Additional resources in terms of tools and project management white papers are also referred to further one's learning.
This freeware can be downloaded from http://www.smartworks.us/demo/pmintro10.exe
Topics covered by the freeware include:
1. Basic concepts in project management including key definitions associated with a project.
2. Life cycle of a project starting from Project initiation state to all the way to conducting Project postmortem.
3. Role played by the Project Manager in terms of communicating with all the stake holders in the project during each phase of the project life cycle.
4. Common mistakes a novice project manager makes in a project and tips to avoiding them even in your very first project.
5. How to anticipate Risks and plan to be on top of them during a project
6. Software tools and resources that help better project management. This includes software and white papers which might of interest.
7. Project management jargons which is useful for us to know during the planning and execution of the projects.
# # #