Chicago, IL (PRWEB) September 23, 2004 -
From Ordinary American to Political Activist: The extraordinary journey of one citizenÂs effort to defeat President Bush
At the age of 26, Michael John Dobbins has turned his life upside down to work full-time defeating President Bush in the November Elections. A relentless activist, Dobbins has accomplished much in his first year. Some of the many notable events include:
- In August of 2003, writing and self-publishing his first book ÂStop Bush in 2004: How Every Citizen Can HelpÂ, which has sold over 1,000 copies and been praised by reviewers.
- Attending the Democratic Convention as a journalist for WCCA-TV out of Worcester, MA.
- Being featured on SpainÂs Cable T.V. channel Canal+ along with such activists as Noam Chomsky, Joan Blades of MoveOn.org, and liberal radio host Amy Goodman.
- Publishing an activism website http://www.StopBushin2004.com that attracts thousands of visitors every month and has over 700 people signed up on the e-mail list.
- One year before the election, in November of 2003, publishing Â10 Preliminary Actions to Defeat Bush in 2004Â which was promoted by over 30 liberal websites including http://www.MichaelMoore.com, http://www.Buzzflash.com, and http://www.Democrats.com reaching tens of thousands of voters.
- Appearing on 12 radio broadcasts; from the Mike Webb show out of Seattle to the Steve Kass show out of Providence, with St. Louis, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Naples, Cleveland, and Burlington all in between. Michael has even appeared on radio in Adelaide, Australia.
- Giving three public speeches on how citizens can help defeat President Bush: to the citizens of Framingham and Worcester, MA, and the students of Clark University.
- Everyday actions including canvassing in the critical swing state of New Hampshire, handing out hundreds of flyers and bumper stickers, and conducting visibility for John Kerry.
When asked about his new life of activism Dobbins stated. ÂIÂm proud to have quit my job to work full time defeating President Bush. George W. Bush has ruined AmericaÂs credibility, reeked havoc with the economy, and increased the threat of terrorism with the poorly executed war in Iraq. John Kerry will restore AmericaÂs respect and fight the war on terror the right way; by focusing on Al Qaeda. I hope other Americans see my activism as proof that one citizen can make a difference; and that difference can be huge if you put all youÂve got into it.Â
For more information visit http://www.StopBushin2004.com or contact:
Michael John Dobbins
# # #