Give the Meaningful Gift of Wildlife Adoption This Holiday Season

Share Article

For a holiday alternative with heart, support wildlife and habitat preservation with the gift of wildlife adoption.

Leading wildlife conservation organization Defenders of Wildlife announces the opportunity to make holiday gifts of wildlife adoption through their Wildlife Adoption Center. Defenders of Wildlife is pleased to offer the sponsorship of certain imperiled species to caring citizens. Their help goes to support effective programs while also providing them with holiday gifts to present to their friends or loved ones. Vice President for Membership Steve DelVecchio calls the program, “a wonderful way to help save wildlife and habitat for future generations.”

All species supported by the Wildlife Adoption Center are being threatened in their natural habitat. The Wildlife Adoption Center offers holiday shoppers the choice of several different imperiled species to support, including wolves, tigers, polar and black bears, elephants, whales, sea otters, panthers, dolphins and snowy owls. Adopters receive a frameable Certificate of Adoption and corresponding plush toy, in addition to an e-card or printed card announcing the holiday gift.

Defenders of Wildlife is committed to promoting support for the preservation of at-risk wildlife and threatened habitat. As a non-profit organization, Defenders of Wildlife uses 89 percent of its revenues for program and support services, with the remaining 11 percent used for fundraising. Defenders of Wildlife was named by Worth magazine as one of the nation’s top charities. They offer several informational publications including DENlines, a biweekly e-newsletter, and the award-winning Defenders magazine.

By supporting Defenders of Wildlife, you will help to preserve some of America’s most prized and endangered wildlife, while giving the gift of education and stewardship.

About Defenders of Wildlife

Defenders of Wildlife is dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals and plants in their natural communities. They focus our programs on what scientists consider two of the most serious environmental threats to the planet: the accelerating rate of extinction of species and the associated loss of biological diversity, and habitat alteration and destruction. Long known for their leadership on endangered species issues, Defenders of Wildlife also advocates new approaches to wildlife conservation that will help keep species from becoming endangered.

Contact:

Mikaela King

202-682-9400

# # #

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Mikaela King
Visit website