PM Amusements Expands its Business Through Acquisition of Distinctive Party Design

Share Article

PM Amusements, a full-service event planning company, today announced it has acquired Distinctive Party Design, formerly known as Westchester Party Design.

PM Amusements, a full-service event planning company, today announced it has acquired Distinctive Party Design, formerly known as Westchester Party Design. The acquisition supports PM Amusement’s strategy to be the area's largest one-stop event planner with the most diverse and convenient suite of event capabilities for corporate and private events.

Established in 1980, PM Amusements provides event/theme planning, amusement rental, and entertainment throughout the tri-state area and beyond. Distinctive Party Design’s offerings include floral design, thematic event services, and customized décor including props, centerpieces, draping, lighting and signage. The combined team of on-site floral/art designers and event planning staff offer full event and conference planning expertise for catering facilities, corporations, event planners, country clubs, and hotels. Such corporate events comprise 75% of revenues, with the remaining 25% consisting of social events, such as bar mitzvahs and weddings.

"Through our acquisition of Distinctive Party Design, we will expand upon our proven success in the event planning arena by extending our capabilities to include floral and décor services,” said Mark Damiano, President, PM Amusements, who led the transaction. “The acquisition constitutes a logical, strategic extension of our capabilities and we look forward to delivering the best event planning solutions available in this area.”

“More than ever, our clients want one-stop shopping and find it difficult working with several vendors when planning an event,” added Richard Randall, Creative Director/Event Planning Design. “Joining forces with such a well-established company as PM Amusements will allow us to strengthen our respective portfolios and positions both entities for significant market growth.”                                                                                            

PM Amusement’s 20,000 square foot facility, which houses everything from air bounce rides to high-tech surfing simulators, is currently being renovated to accommodate Distinctive Party Design. The new on-site design studio and showroom featuring separate themed areas (i.e., nautical, western) boasts an extensive array of décor packages, custom thematic artwork, entertainment options, floral and design creations.

Distinctive Party Design and PM Amusements have partnered on corporate and private events for several years. Their first collaborations under this new arrangement involved event management services for Westchester Country Club’s 75th anniversary gala and Stew Leonard’s company outing.

PM Amusements and Distinctive Party Design are located at 36 Bush Avenue, Port Chester, NY. For additional information, call (914) 937-1188 or visit http://www.pmamusements.com.

About PM Amusements

“We supply the fun and then some” has been PM Amusement’s credo since the Company’s inception in 1980. PM Amusements is the area’s leading full-service event planning company dedicated to helping clients create the ultimate event through a solution-oriented approach. Headquartered in Port Chester NY, the Company provides a wide range of event planning services for full-scale conference, corporate meeting, wedding, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, and gala celebrations. Event solutions include arts & crafts, carnival games, carnival rides and attractions, casino parties, catering, decorating, entertainers, field games, game shows, inflatable rides, interactive games, music, photo fun, prizes, props, simulators & hi-tech, games, snack foods, sport & arcade games, tents, tables & chairs. The Company’s wide range of event solutions have been implemented for such prominent organizations as Stew Leonards, Master Card International, Sony Electronics, Clairol, Bed Bath and Beyond, Fourth Federal Savings, and Fleet and local hotels and catering facilities.

About Distinctive Party Design

Distinctive Party Design, formerly known as Westchester Party Design, provides floral and design services for private and corporate events. Established in 1986, the company offers floral design, thematic event services, and customized décor including props, centerpieces, draping, lighting and signage. Staffed with in-house floral and art designers, Distinctive Party Design has produced some of the most innovative event solutions for Fortune 500, non-profits, smaller companies, and families alike. Representative clients include Bear Stearns Inc., PepsiCo, Kraft General Foods, Sony, Trump’s Castle Hotel & Casino, Hilton Hotels, Bloomingdale’s, Metropolitan Life, and Make-A-Wish Foundation.

# # #

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Stacey Cohen
Visit website