(PRWEB) October 19, 2004
To provide an answer for this dilemma, we turned to world renowned leadership advisor Dennis Sommer. We asked Mr. Sommer, what criteria voters should look at if they are not 100% comfortable with the policies of either candidate.
Mr. Sommer says that voters should think of themselves as a member of the Board of Directors selecting the next CEO of a company. This is an important decision and most candidates donÂt meet all our expectations. When in doubt, find the candidate that is the best overall leader.
Finding the best leader can be done by assessing each candidate based on a nine point leadership assessment. For each assessment question, answer ÂYesÂ if the candidate shows this quality consistently or ÂNoÂ if they donÂt.
Leadership Assessment Questionnaire:
1. Has a vision for the future and communicates that vision to everyone they encounter.
2. Recognizes the importance of long term goals.
3. Committed to succeed in all activities taken to meet their goals. Never gives up.
4. Action oriented self starter who takes calculated risks.
5. Thinks fast on their feet to come up with solutions to critical situations.
6. Realizes the importance of a positive frame of mind and attitude. Remains positive in all situations.
7. Apologizes and admits mistakes.
8. Personal values are regarded as guiding principles for all decisions.
9. Values are referenced and communicated on a daily basis.
Once, you have completed the answers for each candidate, total the number of ÂYesÂ answers for each.
The candidate with the highest score will be your choice as the best leader.
For additional information on leadership assessment questions, review the article by Dennis Sommer, ÂQualities To Look For In A LeaderÂ at http://www.btrconline.com/whitepapers.htm
About Dennis Sommer
Dennis Sommer is a world renowned authority on leadership and management performance improvement. He is a leading advisor, author, and speaker providing managers and executives with practical strategies that improve personal and organization performance. With nearly twenty years of leadership experience, he has consulted on over 200 critical business and technology initiatives for Fortune 500 companies. He has held numerous management and executive level positions with Accenture, Jo-Ann Stores, and Computer Associates.
BTRC (http://www.btrconline.com) is a performance improvement company providing the most comprehensive list of products and services to improve project team, department, and business unit performance with less effort. The right tools can help today's professional become tomorrow's top executive leader. Top performing project teams, consultants, managers, and executives use BTRC strategy and execution products to improve their performance and advance their careers.
# # #