(PRWEB) October 28, 2004
Early Impact releases Gift Add-On for ProductCart-powered ecommerce Web sites. A series of marketing tools to handle gift certificates, gift registries, and gift wrapping.
San Francisco, CA Early Impact, a leading eCommerce Software Development company, announced today
the release of ProductCart's Gift Add-On, a new module that adds to its popular shopping cart a series of must-have marketing tools, just in time for the busy holiday season. The Gift Add-on can be easily added to ecommerce stores powered by ProductCart. Among its features:
- Let customers buy gift certificates for friends and family, then track their usage.
- Increase revenues by offering profitable gift wrapping options.
- Generate new orders and acquire new customers by letting users create bridal registries and other gift registries.
The Gift Add-on contains three modules:
(1) The Gift Certificate component allows visitors to your online stores to purchase electronic (or physical) gift certificates for family and friends. The store manager can designate a product as a gift certificate, set its expiration (if any), define how the certificate code is created, etc. When a gift certificate is purchased, ProductCart generates a unique code that allows the recipient to receive an equivalent amount off of items purchased on the store. The recipient is automatically notified via e-mail if the buyer opts to do so. Partially redeemed Gift Certificates can be used again until fully redeemed.
(2) The Gift Wrapping module allows the store administrator to show multiple gift wrapping options to the customer during the checkout
process. A gift note can be added to the order as well. The store manager can set different prices for the different wrapping options, and individual products can be added to an exclusion list. The entire gift wrapping module can be turned on or off with one click.
(3) The Gift Registry component is similar to that of a "Bridal Registry" application, where customers can pick items they like from a store catalog, and make these items visible to family & friends. Built after the Gift Registry features of leading ecommerce Web sites, this module is full of useful features: Customers can create and manage multiple gift registries (e.g. bridal shower, wedding, baby shower, etc.).
-Customers can easily add products to the registry, specify the desired quantity, decide whether or not gift certificates can also be
-As friends and family purchase products from the registry, the registry is instantly updated.
-When people view a customers' registry, they are informed of the desired and remaining quantity for each for the selected products.
-Customers can easily notify friends and family of the availability -of the registry, update the product list at any time, choose to be notified when products are purchased, select a preferred address to which gifts should be sent, and more.
-The Gift Add-On is available from Early Impact starting at $195 per storefront. A ProductCart license is required as the system works as an add-on for a store powered by ProductCart. A ProductCart license can be purchased before or at the same time the Gift Add-On license is purchased.
For more information and a full featured demonstration, please visit: http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/gift_certificates_wrapping_registry.asp
About Early Impact
Early Impact develops high-quality shopping cart software for businesses. Founded in 2001, the company is entirely focused on developing
ecommerce software that uniquely combines advanced features and ease of use. The company also provides complete ecommerce solutions through a network of trusted partners. Early Impact is based in San Francisco, CA, and is privately owned. For more information, please visit the company's Web site at http://www.earlyimpact.com/
# # #