(PRWEB) October 28, 2004
W. Bruce Cameron was voted America's #1 humor columnist by the National Society of Newspaper Columnists in 2003, clinching the title - according to Mr. Cameron - because they didn't have a bathing suit competition. His book, "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter," became a New York Times bestseller and was the basis for the hit ABC television show "8 Simple Rules." Having written a book on getting along with teenage girls, which is impossible, Mr. Cameron now turns his attention to changing men and their habits - which is impossible.
"How to Remodel a Man" is the result of the exhaustive efforts of Mr. Cameron to help men and women come to terms with things such as not asking for directions, not putting socks in the laundry hamper, and other such heinous acts committed by men worldwide.
"You've got to read this. It is not just funny, it's really useful." - Diane Sawyer - Good Morning America
Bruce Cameron asked his daughters if he had any faults (thinking to himself he had, maybe, a couple). They came back to him with 178. He then asked his readers online what their take was on faults men possess. In the first month, readers responded with 3,000 faults. Some of the things men do that need changing are examined (with helpful techniques to accomplish this) such as:
- When the sink looks like it needs a shave
- Leaving worn socks IN FRONT of, not in, the laundry hamper
- Asking - or not - for directions
- Becoming cultured...it sometimes means going to the opera
There are many insights into the behavior of men in this book. Cameron says, "Men don't want to be 'fixed'. Men want women to love them just the way they are. Men don't want to adopt such unnatural traits as sensitivity or thoughtfulness. And when I say men want women 'to love them,' I mean, of course, "to have sex with them."
Dr. Pat and Bruce Cameron will talk about the clear, step-by-step instructions for actually altering the character and behavior of the male of the species. You'll learn things like:
- What to do when men pretend not to be able to do housework.
- How to tell a man that no matter how much he yells at the television he's not really a member of the team.
- Why the male body smells like it is decomposing.
- What to do when men cut themselves on the cutting edge.
- Keys to changing the toilet paper roll - a twelve step program.
and many more ways to find out how to remodel a man.
This radio show on voiceamerica.com will be rebroadcast on October 30th at 5:00 p.m. PST and again November 2nd at 2:00 p.m. PST.
# # #