Belleville, MI (PRWEB) November 4, 2004
Vision E-Business Council (VEBC) is pleased to announce its incorporation as a non-profit organization to promote the use of open e-business standards within the vision care industry. Open e-business standards have been successful in other industries, such as banking and automotive supply, in removing unnecessary costs, delays and errors by streamlining communications between businesses and their trading partners. VEBCÂs mission is to develop and facilitate the implementation of e-business standards for the vision care industry that will promote the most effective use of information technology to ensure maximum efficiency, the best patient care and outstanding cost containment.
ÂImagine a day when any eyecare provider can order frames, lenses or contacts from any supplier they choose with any practice management system. Or a day when a lab can accept orders from any office without worrying about which computer system they use,Â says Tarun Kundhi, Chairman of the Vision E-Business Council. ÂImagine not having to spend the time and money modifying your internal systems because a supplier or client has changed their computer system. With open e-business standards, you can broaden your market penetration without increasing costs related to communicating and servicing your clients.Â
VEBC is inviting eyecare providers, software vendors, material suppliers, laboratories, frame manufacturers, lens manufacturers and distributors to participate in its efforts to make open e-business standards a reality in the vision care industry. Efforts will be focused on achieving the following objectives:
- Establish VEBC as the consensus voice of the industry in e-business standardization matters.
- Initiate and execute a comprehensive and effective e-business standards development program for the vision care industry.
- Identify and acquire the intellectual resources necessary to develop industry e-business standards.
- Acquire and effectively use the financial resources required for the timely creation of appropriate e-business standards.
- Encourage and promote more e-business through the implementation of VEBC-developed standards across the vision care industry.
For additional information on VEBC, or to become a member, visit http://www.visionebiz.org.
About Vision E-Business Council
Vision E-Business Council is a result of work initiated by the VisionML project. Vision Markup Language (VisionML) is a collaborative effort within the Open Applications Group, Inc. by vision industry stakeholders to remove unnecessary cost, delay, and error from eyecare delivery by streamlining communications between practitioners and their trading partners.
# # #