(PRWEB) November 1, 2004
Ms. Cochran's complaint (Los Angeles County Superior Court Case No. BC 322956) alleges that the owner of Together Dating, Toros Yetenekian, engaged in the following conduct:
1. Making sexual advances toward Ms. Cochran.
2. Complaining to Ms. Cochran about the quality of his sex life with his wife.
3. Making sexually derogatory references about female employees and clients of the Company.
4. Making inappropriate sexual inquires into Ms. Cochran's personal life including the following inquiries: "How was your weekend? Did you get laid?", "Don't you get horny?", "Don't you like having sex?", "How was your sex life with your ex-husband?"
5. Leering at Ms. Cochran in a sexual manner while making sexual comments to her.
Ms. Cochran's complaint also alleges that Together Dating engaged in unfair business acts in an effort to deceive the public by: (1) representing to the news media that certain individuals had gotten married through its services when, in fact, those individuals were actually employees who had not gotten married through the Company's dating service; and (2) introducing prospective clients to "satisfied clients" when, in fact, the "satisfied clients" were not clients but were actually employees of the Company.
Commenting about these allegations, Ms. Cochran's attorney, Andrew H. Friedman of Venice, Calif.-based Helmer-Friedman, LLP said "California law clearly prohibits employers from engaging in this sort of conduct. Of all businesses, you'd think a dating service would be particularly sensitive to the laws against sexual harassment."
For additional information or a PDF copy of Ms. Cochran's complaint, contact:
Andrew H. Friedman: email@example.com
Gregory D. Helmer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helmer-Friedman, LLP - 310-396-7714
# # #