(PRWEB) November 3, 2004
Selecting and evaluating new software for a 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) is definitely a task that should rank 10 out of 10 for challenges. In addition to all warehousing functions that a private warehouse needs, the 3PL also needs inventory ownership, 3PL billing, 3pl customer reporting, 3PL management reporting, and ultimate configuration options on a per customer basis.
Leverage this independent work to be successful in locating the right WMS for your operation. IDII has spent over a thousand hours of investigating, calling, surveying, validating, obtaining missing information, and researching out these company's software solutions. IDII frequently evaluates warehousing software for our research & clients - therefore - IDII has added comments and criticisms about the software solutions into this research report.
ÂWho's Who in 3PL WMS SoftwareÂ covers:
- Largest 3PL Customer Installation Comparison
- Concurrent User Sizing Comparison
- Total Installation Comparison
- Target Customer Analysis Comparisons
- Software Solution Profiles on 28 Software Products
- Company Background, Key Personnel, & History
- Product Background, Functionality, Languages, Operating Systems, Databases, 3PL
- Functionality, Customer Installations, and IDII comments.
- Operating System Comparisons
- Database Comparisons
- Key Field Size Comparisons
- Insights into Software Selection
- Selection Strategy Methods
A full sample software solution profile can be viewed at http://www.softeval.com. This research report contains a list of warehouse software supporting third party logistics is complete and does include their website, key contact person, phone numbers, and email address.
Included are many comparative tables to educate the reader. Most tables are in color - to help comprehend the information. Items needing special attention are highlighted in green, yellow, or red. For example, many operations now need 24 character or larger part numbers. Therefore - if the maximum part number size is 18 characters or less, this is highlighted in yellow (warning) to alert the reader.
This publication contains the following chapters:
- Help for an Extremely Challenging Task
- Insights & Tips
- Chapter 1 - Solutions by Database
- Chapter 2 - Operating Systems Supported
- Chapter 3 - Key Field Size Comparison
- Chapter 4 - Largest 3PL Customer Base
- Chapter 5 - Total Installation Comparisons
- Chapter 6 - Target Prospective Customer
- Chapter 7 - Software Solution Profiles
- Appendix A - EDI Transactions in Warehousing & Transportation
- Appendix B - Glossary of Terminology& Abbreviations
"Who's Who in 3PL WMS Software" is 342 pages on 8.5 x 11 inch format. ISBN 0966934547. Publisher: IDII. Author: Philip Obal. Single copies are $495.95 USD Introductory Price. Normal Price is 595.95. Publication begins shipping November 3rd 2004.
For reviews & detailed information - see http://www.softeval.com
For a detailed table of contents - see http://www.softeval.com/toc.html
For front cover image - see http://www.softeval.com/frontcover.html
About Industrial Data & Information, Inc. (IDII)
Industrial Data & Information, Inc. is a research consulting company that assists companies in selecting and implementing software solutions. IDII is focused on the supply-chain and has expertise in software evaluation, selection, and implementation. IDII teaches classes & produces research reports on software related to the supply chain, which enables companies & consultants to spend less time searching for & researching solutions. IDII also consults to produce professional company based RFPs. For more information on IDII, visit our web site at http://www.idii.com, contact IDII at 918-464-2222 or e-mail at email@example.com.
# # #