Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) November 14, 2004
Elizabeth Edwards and her breast cancer diagnosis raises the question: What else can be included in the arsenal of tools for surviving this disease? Best-selling authors, Allen and Linda Anderson, a couple who recently survived a crisis with breast cancer themselves, found in their research for a series of books about the human-animal bond, that cats and dogs are invaluable additions to healing therapies.
A recent study, reported in the British Medical Journal, shows the ability of dogs to sniff out cancer tumors even before sophisticated medical tests do. Allen Anderson, a contributor to a new book on husbands supporting their wives through breast cancer, offers firsthand experience about helping a spouse with the aid of the family's animal companions. After multiple surgeries the Andersons' cats, dog, and birds aided Linda's healing.
In just a few minutes of an interview your listeners will hear about:
- A cat that assisted a registered nurse who decided to use an alternative therapy on her breast cancer tumor,
- A woman who cried over loss of her hair due to chemotherapy and was astonished and comforted when her dog, in an act of empathy pulled all the hair out of her own tail so they'd both be bald,
- What some veterinarians are saying about animals getting parallel diseases to those of their human companions,
- Two cats who became a woman's "pacemaker" and according to her cardiologist, kept her alive for many years,
- From the Andersons and call-in listeners many more true extraordinary experiences of animals responding to people's needs for healing and coping with illness and injury.
The Andersons and their books have been featured in national wire service articles and television. Their Website (http://www.angelanimals.net/) and "Angel Animals Story of the Week" have thousands of subscribers from all over the world. Their new book ANGEL CATS: Divine Messengers of Comfort has been recommended by "Cat Fancy," "I Love Cats" and "Best Friends" magazines. It is a selection of One Spirit, Mystery, Health & Lifestyle, and Forbes book clubs.
# # #