Shanghai, China (PRWEB) November 13, 2004
Motherplanet (http://www.motherplanet.com), the world famous digital world map software developer, today released a educational tool named Earth Explorer 3.0. This program will extremely increase user's geographic experience.
Earth Explorer uses satellite data and digital elevation data to present an intimate view of the entire planet, complete with borders, cities, rivers and a mass of other information. The software allows you to zoom into a model globe rendered at a resolution of 1km per pixel. As well as scrolling over the planet's surface, Earth Explorer enables you to drag the current view around and centre on the cursor, which is handy when you want to zoom accurately into an area. A measurement tool allows you to select a point and drag a ruler over the Earth's surface to measure distance and bearing.
Earth Explorer also provides current information on 267 countries and regions, 15,000 islands, 40,000 cities and 1,700 earthquakes, all of which it presents in a list panel with plenty of Sort By options. Locating Bam in Iran, for instance, provides statistics and a large amount of technical information about December 2003's devastating earthquake, and links to reports on the event. The list panel also provides details such as country and city population and its sortable nature makes it easy to look up, say, the largest island.
Major Features of Earth Explorer:
1. 3D global view with 1km resolution satellite imagery and shaded relif DEM (digital elevation model) imagery convered entire earth;
2. Inlucding 267 countries and regions, 40000+ cities, 15000+ islands, 1700+ noteworthy historical earthquakes and vector layers including political boundaries, coastlines, rivers, longitude-latitude grids;
3. Measure and caclulate distance and bearing between any two points, find a particular country, city, island by name;
4. Config to show day/night shadow effect, adjust Gamma to control lumination, or choose a star space as background;
5. Integrate Topographic view and satellite view in a program seamlessly and has a perfect blend view of the two.(Only provide with professional version);
6. Real-time deliver high resolution data to your desktop and provide offline version;
7. Easy-to-use user interfaces;
For more information about Earth Explorer please visit http://www.motherplanet.com.
More products information from Motherplanet please refer to:
Earth Explorer 3.0: http://www.motherplanet.com/earth-explorer.htm
Earth Explorer DEM 3.0: http://www.motherplanet.com/earth-explorer-dem.htm
Earth Explorer 3.0 Professional: http://www.motherplanet.com/earth-explorer-pro.htm
Motherplanet, Inc., founded in October 2002, focus on providing high-resolution interactive 3D digital world map solutions. By use it's unique huge image organize technology, Motherplanet combine aerial and satellite imagery, shaded relief topographic imagery and other geographic information together to give you a total 3D view of our beautiful mother planet earth. From 2003, Motherplanet has released a series of 3D digital earth software to help students and eager folks in learning geographic and earth science knowledges.
Physical Address: Room 501, 276 Nong, Xiangnan Road, Pudong New Area Shanghai, China(PRC)
Zip Code: 201203
Technical Support: firstname.lastname@example.org