(PRWEB) November 18, 2004
Beauty Genma Stringer Holmes got more than her share of strange looks when she told people that she was branching out of the fashion industry into the exterminating business. Even her husband, Roger, who had worked in the pest control industry, didn't believe the fashion model when she told him. Undaunted by what other people thought, Genma did her homework and launched her own environmental exterminating company whose 2005 revenues are projected at $500,000.
Genma's story resonates with many who have dreamed of starting their own business or been told by others that their fondest desires are beyond their reach.
Genma continues to model, while running her business and homeschooling her children. She is asked often:
How she overcame stinging criticism, including that of her agent, who said, "People are going to laugh you out of the business."
- What it is like to be a black woman in an industry dominated by white men.
- How she has managed to be successful in several careers despite being told by many people that "she'd never amount to anything."
- Why you Â and no one else Â should determine the destiny of your life.
- How she has combined her love of entertainment with the exterminating industry.
- Why her competition hates her guts.
- Her continuing work in the entertainment industry including her latest project, commercials and photo shoots.
Genma Stringer Holmes' story has been featured in Black Enterprise, Essence, Woman Entrepreneur, Southern Women and other magazines. A former marketing and public relations professional, she is a popular paid speaker at conventions and trade shows.
Contact: Genma Stringer Holmes