(PRWEB) November 19, 2004
XWebServices.com is proud to announce the launch of its newest web service, XWebNews (http://www.xwebservices.com/Web_Services/XWebNews/). XWebNews is an XML/SOAP based web service which provides integration and management of News Articles to client applications.
Looking into content management? Need an affordable, flexible, easy to integrate, "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" (WYSIWYG) content management system to publish and display your application's news articles, press releases or any other type of content? Why settle for yesterday's content management software and tools - templates, single domain limitations, single web instance limitations, specific software requirements, platform specific restrictions, etc.
Web services are Today's technology! Integrate content management in your applications by simply consuming a web service - XWebNews. No templates, no restrictions, no limitations!
The XWebNews web service completely eliminates the need for a data storage solution, reducing hosting fees, eliminating the cost of maintaining a database, while providing all the necessary functionality for a low, flat, monthly fee through a well-established, well-adopted standard of exchanging information - WEB SERVICES.
Some of the features include:
1. Hosted & Managed Data Storage - no need to lease/own a data storage solution of any kind; dynamic data without the need for a Database Engineer.
2. Language Independent - data retrieval methods return an XML string, data manipulation methods accept an XML string as a parameter; parameters for all the methods are either integer or string.
3. Administrative/Publishing Functionality Provided - as with all web services featured on XWebServices.com, an online administrative tool is provided free of charge with registration. The administrative tool for the XWebNews web service provides all data manipulation functionality required to add, update and delete news articles, press releases or any other type of content using a WYSIWYG editor with word processor-like formatting features.
4. Retrieve Only What You Need - the web service's SOAP methods return a specific News Article, all News Articles, Articles posted within a specific date range and News Articles posted by a specific Source/Author. The ability to 'paginate' the results is also available.
5. Personalization - As an bonus feature, add and retrieve News Articles to and from our Personalization system.
The XWebNews web service features a 30 day free trial period. XWebServices.com offers the following 2 subscription options after the initial 30 day free trial period:
1. Less than 10,000 hits a month - $10/month or $100/year
2. More than 10,000 hits a month - $0.015/hit
For more information, please visit the XWebNews section of XWebServices.com: http://www.xwebservices.com/Web_Services/XWebNews/
The web service URIs are:
XWebServices.com is a web services portal and applications service provider which provides dynamic data solutions via XML/SOAP based Web Services to businesses committed to a functional web presence, without the capital investment into back-end systems, database administration and application hosting fees.