Edmond, OK (PRWEB) November 30, 2004
With the holiday shopping season in full gear, consumers are eager to find the best deals and get the most bang for their buck. Joel Comm, owner of http://www.Dealofday.com, a popular bargain-hunting site since 1999, is pleased to present these twelve useful tips for holiday cheer while saving money online.
1. Tap the collective wisdom of seasoned bargain shoppers on message forums. Site such as http://forums.DealofDay.com feature interactive member forums discussing topics such as Internet deals, how to find free stuff, and coupon clipping.
2. Seek out online coupons provided by merchants eager to provide special discounts and offers. It is not uncommon to find discounts of $50 or more on purchases made online. While not a secret, the key is knowing where to find the coupon codes. Bargain-hunting sites frequently maintain a database of hundreds of coupons, usually searchable by topic and/or category.
3. Check for special rebate offers, often buried within a merchant's site. Sometimes these will be highlighted associated with products, such as at Amazon.com. Other times a merchant will provide one rebate page that provides a complete list of all rebates available. Look for a link to "site map" or something similar to find pages that may have gold buried deeper in the site.
4. If you absolutely, positively have to have the merchandise by Christmas or another specified day, be sure to check the merchant's delivery schedule and shipping guarantee. There won't be much "rockin' around the Christmas tree" if the gift doesn't arrive in time.
5. Coupons clipped in the "real world" may be able to be applied online. Office supply stores such as Office Depot and Staples are notorious for providing coupon codes in printed mailers and newspaper pull-out sections. Often, these coupons provide savings that can be used in the digital realm.
6. Take advantage of "stacking" offers. Shrewd planning may allow you to take advantage of a merchant's "first-time buyer" discount along with another coupon. Also watch for merchants giving away freebies with a purchase of a given dollar amount.
7. Use online price comparison shopper tools to determine which merchant provides the lowest price. Along with the retail amount, these tools will also give you an indication of potential tax and shipping costs, helping you determine the bottom line before you even reach the merchant's site.
8. Check the reputation of the merchant before purchasing from them. Sites such as Bizrate.com provide ratings from consumers.
9. Paying with a credit card online is safer than its real-world counterpart. With no paper trail left behind, you are in much better hands than you might believe. Be sure that the merchants checkout is "secure". Most will provide the information up-front, but you can always tell by checking your web browser for the "lock" icon, or, look for "https" in the url of the checkout site.
10. Check auction sites such as eBay to find potential deals. Dealers with overstock and/or collectors with the much sought-after item may have just what you are looking for. Be sure to check the seller's feedback ratings (determined by clicking the number in parentheses after their user name) and examine some of the previous auctions they have been involved in. And remember, if a $5000 plasma television for $700 sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don't fall prey to the criminals that may take your money without making good on their promises.
11. Take your time. One of the greatest benefits of shopping online is not having to fight the crowds and risk being trampled. Use all of the tools at your disposal to find exactly what you are looking for at a fair price.
12. Have fun! Make friends with other bargain hunters on the net and apply your newfound knowledge year round. Then calculate your savings of time and money and give yourself a pat on the back.
DealofDay.com is part of the InfoMedia, Inc. family of web sites, which also includes http://www.WorldVillage.com, http://www.FamilyFirst.com and http://www.PrizePot.com. InfoMedia, Inc. is a privately-held company, based in Edmond, Oklahoma, that has been providing family-friendly web content since 1995. Founded by Joel Comm, a technology buff for more than 25 years, InfoMedia, Inc. is located in Edmond, OK and can be reached at 405-348-2800. For more information, visit http://www.dealofday.com
2416 Ashebury Way
Edmond, OK 73034
Contact: Joel Comm, President
Contact email form: firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #