Paris, France (PRWEB) December 1, 2004
Instead of hacking the Financial Institutions' information systems, Phishers and other pirates attack their users, more vulnerable. The only way to stop it is to reinforce the user's P.C. protection. But this must be achieved without introducing complexity or restraints.
One such solution, named Opt-in TRUST (http://www.opt-in-trust.com), has been recently unveiled. It allows the user and his Financial Institution to exchange electronic signatures in an implicit manner, using a plug in installed on each user's computer. The customer does not even have to know what a certificate is. This user-friendly solution ensures a reciprocal strong authentication of both parties. For the user, this is materialized by a personal inviolable visual interface that he can immediately recognise. A secrete sentence appears as a watermark in any screen zone where he must enter some sensitive information. Then he knows for sure he is safe!
The Opt-in TRUST solution also offers the following advantages:
- An anti-key logger device makes impossible to steal the PIN code digits when entered
- Another feature of the software prevents from screen capture
- It is also impossible to alter the display without being unmasked
- Privacy: the user gives an Alias that he selected, not an access code (such as e-mail address) that would permit to identify and spam him.
Meanwhile, security does not bring any drawback to the user (nor to the Financial Institution):
- No specific hardware devise is required
- The software that each user needs is downloadable
- The user only has to enter his self-selected Alias and his PIN code
- Implementation and production are very cost effective.
The Opt-in TRUST solution brings such a level of security that fraud becomes far too complex to remain attractive to fraudsters.
Opt-in TRUST (http://www.opt-in-trust.com) was developed by // ePayStreet in partnership with EPITA-3IE (EPITA-3IE ranks among the very top French I.T. universities).