Fremont, CA (PRWEB) December 8, 2004
.com Solutions Inc. Releases FmPro Migrator 2.68 Enterprise Edition for MacOS X and Windows - New Release Enables Users to Convert FileMaker Pro Repeating Fields to Sybase and DB2 Database Tables.
.com Solutions Inc., a developer of multi-platform database migration and development tools, has released FmPro Migrator 2.68 for MacOS X and Windows with a new repeating fields extraction feature for Sybase and DB2 database migrations. Additional improvements within FmPro Migrator 2.68 include the fixing of maintenance issues with repeating fields transfer scripts for each of the other databases, foreign key constraint code improvements for SQL Server, and field to column renaming improvements.
Many FileMaker databases include non-relational data elements called repeating fields. These fields store multiple values within each field and are associated with the main database record by the FileMaker database engine. Manually extracting these repeating fields into a relational database structure can be a time consuming and error-prone process. FmPro Migrator easily extracts FileMaker repeating fields into a separate database table in which the records are related to the main table by the primary key. Each iteration of a FileMaker repeating field is inserted as a new record within the repeating fields table.
FmPro Migrator standardizes and automates FileMaker database migration procedures including data type matching, field to column renaming, table creation, FileMaker field size determination and data transfer for 8 different database servers. Supported databases include MySQL, Oracle (8, 8i-9i, 10g), Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostgreSQL and FrontBase.
FmPro Migrator New Features and Improvements include:
- Repeating Fields Extraction to Sybase and DB2 - Data from FileMaker repeating fields is now extracted into individual records within a repeating fields table related to the primary database table. Any number of non-container field repeating values are easily extracted to the child table and related to the primary table record by the primary key. Differing numbers of repeating field values are supported for each individual record within the primary database table.
- Repeating Field Table Creation SQL Code Created Automatically - Table creation SQL code is automatically generated for each repeating field within the FileMaker database. Each repeating field table also includes primary key and foreign key constraint code to insure data integrity.
- Drop Column Script Created for Sybase - Once the repeating fields data has been migrated to the new repeating fields table, the unused columns are no longer needed within the main Sybase database table. These columns are easily removed with a drop columns script which is created by FmPro Migrator.
- The automatic creation of this script by FmPro Migrator reduces the possibility of the DBA making errors by writing this script Repeating Fields Transfer Script Improvements - The repeating fields ODBC transfer code has been updated for all supported databases to handle situations in which the primary key is not the first column in the table.
- Field to Column Naming Improved - The code which maps FileMaker field names into destination database column names has been improved to avoid creating duplicate column names. Special characters within FileMaker field names are now replaced with underscore characters instead of being removed.
- SQL Server Foreign Key Constraint Specification Improved - The SQL Server repeating fields table creation SQL code now uses a fully qualified table name within the Foreign Key constraint code. The use of a fully qualified table name prevents errors from occurring when this script is run, thus insuring that the Foreign Key constraint is actually created.
- MacOS X and Windows Compatibility - FmPro Migrator runs on MacOS X and Windows, thus enabling developers to use their preferred platform for creating the migration scripts.
FmPro Migrator is available for MacOS X and Windows. A free demo version of FmPro Migrator may be downloaded from http://www.fmpromigrator.com/downloads/index.html. For more info please see: http://www.fmpromigrator.com/products/fmpro_migrator
About .com Solutions Inc.
.com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostgreSQL and FrontBase developers. FmPro Migrator ( http://www.fmpromigrator.com ) migrates FileMaker databases to and from FileMaker. Installgen automates over 100 Oracle install procedures on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. Repgen generates Oracle replication scripts on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. For more information about .com Solutions Inc., please visit http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net.
# # #