Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
(PRWEB) December 16, 2004
Taylor Negron has joined FilmStew.com and The WorldÂs Greatest Unknown Producers, Inc.(WGUP) in their massive search for funniest of them all. "It's time to give 'Joe Blow' his shot at 15 minutes," Negron said. "Finding new comedic talent should be a lot of fun!"
The World's Greatest Unknown Comedian is open to contestants worldwide per rules that can be found at the entertainment portal, FilmStew.com. FilmStew Chairman and WGUP partner, John Culton, explains, "I teamed up with two excellent entertainment executives, Gordon Meyer and Nadine Hamden who produce Hollywood's Master Storytellers, and founded WGUP as a vehicle to produce The World's Greatest Unknown Comedian. We feel extremely fortunate to get a great talent like Taylor Negron to help us with judging comedians from all over the world."
Taylor Negron is best recognized for his many movie roles including, the gun Toting "Milo" opposite Bruce Willis in Tony Scott's "The Last Boy Scout," Rodney Daingerfield's son- in law in "Easy Money," "Punch Line" with Tom Hanks and Sally Field, Disney's "Angels in The Outfield," "Stuart Little," "Better Off Dead" and in Amy Heckerling's "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."
This year Taylor stars opposite Matthew Modine in Warner Brothers' "Funky Monkey" as well as having the lead in the independent comedy "Death to the Supermodels" with Jamie Presley.
Television appearances include: "So Little Time" opposite Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. Bill Maher's "Politically Incorrect," "Friends," "ER," "The Practice," and "Seinfeld." He was a regular for two seasons on NBC's "Hope and Gloria" as well as "The Hughleys."
As a writer, Negron has written "Gangster Planet" - a four character domestic comedy about the Los Angeles riots, first performed in 1993 and was voted critics choice by the Los Angeles Times. The play had a revival in 2003.
In the summer of 2004 Negron directed the play "Three Feet Under" starring Joanna Cassidy at the Evidence Room in Los Angeles for Lily Tomlin and Jane Wagner.
- He performs his original stories at the Skirball Center and the Getty Center and recently read on Broadway in the show your "You're Fired" in Spring of 04.
- A collection of his short stories, "Remade as Fiction" and published by 12 Gauge Press, is due this fall.
- Taylor Negron is the recipient of the Gold BMI award for his writing and performing for his Image Campaign for E! Entertainment Television.
- An accomplished standup comedian, Negron has starred in his own HBO special and on the Tonight Show.
- He performs regularly across the United States.
- Negron splits his time between Los Angeles and South of France.