(PRWEB) December 16, 2004
The Rotary Club of Amherst East has elected its 2005 Â 2006 officers. The new officers will be Cynthia Munschauer, president, Gerard DeSimone, president elect, Dave Eyeington, secretary, and Ken Redding, treasurer. Other 2005 Â 2006 directors of the board will include George Oliver, club service, Ken Weinstein, community service, Woody Maggard, vocational service, Dr. Jon Olsen, international service, and Paul McAfee, who then will be the immediate past president.
ÂAs with the roughly 31,000 Rotary clubs around the world, we have focused this year on celebrating RotaryÂs 100th anniversary,Â said Paul McAfee, current president of the Rotary Club of Amherst East. ÂThe new slate of officers will ensure that we continue the clubÂs membership growth and its proactive community support activities.Â
The Rotary Club of Amherst East raises money through its events, and it provides support, each year for international and local causes. Just a few of the local organizations the Club supports include:
- Amherst Youth Foundation
- Amherst Museum
- Amherst Symphony Orchestra Association
- Boys & Girls Clubs of BuffaloÂs Amherst Clubhouse
- Resurrection Lutheran Church Health Center in Buffalo
- A Williamsville East High School scholarship
- An annual Christmas party for ECMC Hospital patients
- Vive La Casa (VIVE Inc.) in Buffalo
- And food and clothing drives
Rotary is an organization of business and professional leaders united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards, and help to build goodwill and peace in the world. Paul P. Harris formed the world's first service club, the Rotary Club of Chicago, Illinois, USA, on 23 February 1905. The name Rotary is derived from the early practice of rotating meetings among members' offices. Today there are approximately 1.2 million Rotary club members of more than 31,000 Rotary clubs in 166 countries.
The Rotary Club of Amherst East is part of Rotary International with 23 members who are professional and business leaders in the Amherst, New York, area.
- Rotary is a global network of community volunteers that work to improve the quality of life for all people.
- Rotary initiates local and global service projects to promote world understanding and peace and improve the life conditions for people of all ages and cultures. An example is PolioPlus through which Rotary is working to eradicate polio worldwide by 2005.
The Amherst East Rotary Club meets at noon on Thursdays at DaffodilÂs Restaurant on Maple Road, Amherst, NY. The clubÂs new website is http://www.amhersteastrotary.org.
The Public Relations Manager for the Rotary Club of Amherst East is Paul McAfee. Paul is CEO of eXubrio, LLC, (http://www.exubrio.com) a management and marketing consulting firm based in Amherst, New York.
# # #