Fractal Imaginator (Fi) Launched
Terry W Gintz and Jules Ruis have launched a new fractal software program for navigating and creating Mandelbrot Sets, Julia sets and Julius Ruis sets.
(PRWEB) December 21, 2004
The Fractal Imaginator is an innovative new program for generating fractal images. Based on Fractal Zplot, parts of this program have been in continuous development since 1989. New additions to Imaginator are drawn from Jules Ruis' program "Fractal Awareness" algorithms. Fractal Imaginator currently supports Julius Ruis sets of Julia basins, orbit-traps, level sets, Newton's method, and Phoenix curves, as well as the standard Mandelbrot and "warped" Mandelbrot sets. 3D fractal types include quaternion, hypercomplex, cubic Mandelbrots, cquat and octonions.
The Julius Ruis set is a smart presentation of 400 Julia sets, showing that the Mandelbrot set is the parameter basin of all closed Julia sets.
The fractals can be created in 3D format. The output can be saved as bmp-file, jpg/gif-file, obj-file or stl-file. The stl-filing makes it possible to create real products, manufactured on rapid prototyping machines like 3D color printers of Z-corporation.
The program is based on scientific research, done in The Netherlands at the Eindhoven University of Technology.
The Fractal Imaginator (Fi) has been developed for Science, Technology, Art and Design.
Features of Fractal Imaginator:
- Getting Started Tutorial
- Julius Ruis maps for easy navigating of Julia basins
- Choice of 441, 25 or one image to a draw window
- 22 examples of Fractal Growth, including beautiful 8-fold symmetry
- 190 Built in Formulas + FraSZle Formula set
- Detailed Parser information for creating your own custom formulas
- Import option for loading FraSZle parameter files [FSZ]
- 3D quaternion exports:
- Wavefront object format [OBJ]
- Stereolithography [STL]
- Triangle mesh [POV]
- Smooth Triangle mesh [POV]
- Mesh simplification for smaller OBJ and POV export files
- Virtual reality [WRL]
- AutoCad [DXF]
- Palette-based coloring methods (60000+ colors out of 16 million)
- Adjustable lighting model with Phong highlights
- Random image generators and random genetic formula generator
- Batch mode for unattended image creation
- Integrated video routines allow easy morphing and rotating between key frames
- AVI object options for exporting single frames as 3D object files
- Pilot for easy panning, zooming and rotating 3D fractals
- Separate user-defined folders for file types like palettes, videos, objects and drawings
- Context help for menu commands and dialog windows
- PDF (printable) Manual
For more information:
Jules Ruis, http://www.fractal.org and
and Terry Gintz