(PRWEB) December 30, 2004
Ever feel like youÂre sleep walking through life? ItÂs easy to settle into routines at work and in life that leave us a bit numb and wondering if this is all there is. If your life has become a bit hum-drum with too much work and too little fun, now is a perfect time to rev up your energy in the year ahead. If you want to jump-start your life in the New Year, try these tips by Suzanne Zoglio, author of Recharge in Minutes and Create A Life That Tickles Your Soul.
1. Schedule your Âsomeday dozenÂ now. Right now schedule 12 activities youÂve always wanted to do into your calendar-one per month. Whether youÂve been meaning to take a bike trip, visit a nearby museum, take a hot air balloon ride, go fly-fishing, or refinish that heirloom antique Â do it. Reviving dreams is a surefire way to enliven your spirit.
2. Book quarterly Âplay dates.Â Call one friend or four and lock in a few dates that you both agree are written in stone; no matter what, youÂll get together. Staying connected awakens the heart.
3. Reinvent yourself. Adopt one new positive habit instead of trying to break one thatÂs not serving you. Walk 20 minutes before you turn on TV. Read the comics before the investment page. Change your drive-time station to an uplifting one. Switch from coffee to green tea. Study the bible, a world atlas, or dictionary once a week. List what youÂre grateful for every night just before you go to sleep. ItÂs never too late to become more of the person you want to be. Expand in 2005.
4. Give away a day. Pick a cause you care about and commit a day to helping them out. Work on a house for Habitat for Humanity, deliver Meals on Wheels, or help your church clean up an elderly personÂs yard---whatever appeals to you. YouÂll be surprised how much joy will come back to you when youÂre through.
5. Start each day on purpose.
To feel alive, we need to know how that weÂre using our days in meaningful ways, not just putting time in. Before you get out of bed each morning, answer 3 questions: What kind of person do I want to be today (fun, calm, generous)? What three things do I want to accomplish (important to you!)? Where can you make a difference in someone elseÂs life (with a call, a gesture, a helping hand)?
Dr. Zoglio is a psychologist, life-balance expert, and author of Recharge in Minutes and Create A Life That Tickles Your Soul (named ÂOutstanding Book of the YearÂ in the Independent Publisher Book Awards). Visit her website at http://www.zoglio.com. To arrange an interview, call Suzanne directly in PA at 215-348-0567 or KSB Promotions (MI) at 800-304-3269. Email email@example.com
# # #