Markham, Ontario (PRWEB) January 15, 2005
ÂCanadians are finding plenty of hockey excitement elsewhere, in the absence of National Hockey League games; our gold medal win on January 4th, 2005 at the World Junior Hockey tournament further extends our winning streak in the sport, which gives Canada a unique opportunity,Â says Kevin V. Huhn, author, broadcaster, former coach, and creator of The Hockey Source, a new venture providing innovative and comprehensive resources for minor hockey, including fundraising support.
Explaining CanadaÂs special role, he says: ÂAt the same time as we face stiff competition from countries such as the U.S., Sweden, and the Czech Republic, our leadership allows us to promote our expertise and develop friendship and co-operation worldwide. Using the example of global corporations that have shared best practices in their fields through setting up operations abroad, we can further strengthen not only the growth of the sport worldwide, but also our nationÂs economy.
ÂMillions of individuals around the world are involved in youth hockey; however, just a few go on to the professional level. For all the rest, the game provides fun and fitness, but it also can be the key to achieving success in every other aspect of life Â from personal relationships to community involvement and career. Whether a game is won or lost, it offers the potential to teach many essential life lessons.
ÂI want to better the game - wherever itÂs played - by bettering the people. My goal is to help participants and fans of youth hockey make sound decisions, and most of all, to have fun,Â declares Huhn. Having been active in minor hockey for 30 years, heÂs sharing his vision, knowledge, and experience through:
1. Hockey-ologyÂThe Ultimate Guide to Fun & Success for Minor Hockey, his new book. Minor and youth hockey teams will benefit from his donation of 25% of book proceeds;
2. http://www.thehockeysource.tv, a new interactive website;
3. The Hockey Source television show, expected to begin airing in 2005;
4. A respected team of hockey experts assembled by Huhn to advise people who use his step-by-step guide to start and/or operate a team;
5. Rink Mates, a line of products designed to help solve the gameÂs problems, as well as to serve as fundraisers that are more appropriate and effective than others commonly used.
The Hockey Source is a production of Fire Ân Idea Inc., a privately-owned Canadian corporation.
# # #