San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 15, 2005
Early Impact, an ecommerce software development company, announced today the release of ProductCart v2.75, the latest version of its popular ecommerce software. ProductCart v2.75 adds a number of new features and improvements (http://www.earlyimpact.com).
Among the new features:
- A complete product review system that allows store customers to rate products and post feedback. Many advanced administrator settings allow store managers to personalize the way the feature works, including the ability to be notified, review and approve each review before it is posted on the Web store.
- A basic content management system that allows the store manager to use ProductCart to handle "Content Pages" (About US, Customer Service, etc.), so that all of those pages can be managed right from within the Control Panel, rather than designed with a separate HTML editor.
- Much improved custom search fields that on the advanced search page in the storefront automatically load all values associated with each search filter (e.g. customer selects "Wine Type" and ProductCart automatically loads a second menu with "Merlot", "Cabernet", "Chianti", etc.).
- A new built-in HTML editor, vastly superior to the current one, and compatible with Netscape and FireFox. ProductCart now includes an award-winning HTML editor published by InnovaStudio (http://www.innovastudio.com/editor.asp).
- Support for multiple electronic coupons for the same order. For example, customers could use a coupon to obtain free UPSÂ® Ground shipping, and other one to enjoy a 10% discount on the items they are purchasing, within the same order.
- Support for SMTP servers that require authentication (for those email components that support this feature).
- New payment gateways supported 'out of the box':
- Many other new store management tools, including:
(a) the ability to "copy" existing cross selling relationships to other products;
a way for the store manager to more easily enter a phone order for an existing customer by automatically logging into the customerÂs account and using the storefront on his/her behalf;
(b) a stronger order export feature;
(c) a way to more quickly update price changes for multiple products at once;
(d) a way for the store manager to easily merge orders for different customer accounts and consolidate them under a single account;
(e) a way for the store manager to enforce a minimum order quantity on a product by product basis (with or without enforcing the quantity multiplier, a feature that is already available);
(f) the ability for the store manager to delete previously uploaded images from the server;
(g) a new version of the dynamic category navigation that can be used in the storefront's interface;
(h) an update Âsearch boxÂ that allows customers to search on a productÂs name, description and part number.
Performance improvements were made to number of areas both in the storefront and in the Control Panel.
ProductCart is a reliable, secure, feature-rich ecommerce application used by online stores all over the world. The software is available from Early Impact and its resellers starting at $495 per storefront. Web designers and other resellers enjoy discounts, sales leads, and priority technical support. For more information, please visit the Early Impact Web site located at http://www.earlyimpact.com
# # #