(PRWEB) April 20, 2005
Home buyers should ask these Five questions before they sign with a real estate agent or buy a home. There are different kinds of real estate agents and it is important to determine who your real estate agent is really working for. These questions will help you determine where their loyalties lie. Also, keep in mind, if you call a yard sign or go to an open house keep in mind you are talking to the sellers agent. Many buyers don't realize who the real estate agent is really working for until it is too late.
1. Are you associated financially in any way with the lender, mortgage, or inspector you are recommending?
Buyers should be aware that if they are getting one service from a "one stop shop" they still Have the right to shop around for the other services (lenders, inspectors, etc...)
2. Are you an exclusive buyers agent, who never represent sellers, thus removing conflicting loyalties on price and terms?
Exclusive Buyer Agents don't have anyone in the office who is working for the seller so your confidential information coming into the office will never wind up in the sellers hands. Plus, the issue of 100% advocacy is settled.
3. Are you listed as certified agent at naeba.com (professional assoc.) or call 800-986-2322?
Many agents say they represent the buyer but a true exclusive buyer is certified. You can find a true exclusive buyer by consulting the professional association web site, naeba.com
4. Will you guarantee me you will not change your relationship with me to "dual agency", "designated agent", transactional agent", or any other form that offers a reduced level of service?
Make sure you have a dedicated advocate during the entire process.
5. Will you show me all the homes on the market that meet my needs, including For Sale By Owner, foreclosures, and other properties?
For Sale by Owner property owners often come to ex. buyer agents to find buyers. Often times EBA's may hear of for sale by owner properties first ....widening your selection.
The National Association of Exclusive Buyer agents is dedicated to protecting and educating home buyers. Find out more important consumer information at naeba.com. Please call Casey Crane for media inquires 603-670-8 470
# # #