Adrian, MI (PRWEB) April 26, 2005
Ms. Penrod asks the question, ÂIs your church a safe place for children or for pedophiles?Â The problem: Pedophiles look for organizations that are lax in screening childrenÂs workers and monitoring adult contact with children. Most major childrenÂs organizations have a system in place. Many churches do not. This new system provides all you need to start a church safety programÂ now.
Did you know that a 1994 National Institute of Health survey of 453 pedophiles showed these criminals were collectively responsible for molesting over 67,000 children? That is an average of 148 children per pedophile!
Amazingly, 70 incidents of abuse in churches were reported each week during the past decade.
How can you make sure this doesnÂt happen to your child or in your church?
The answers are in ÂProtecting Church and Child,Â a new e-book by Jana Penrod, MS.
Protecting Church and Child: The Complete Child Abuse Prevention System gives you everything you need to protect the children of your church from abuse, the adults in your church from false allegations, your church's resources from lawsuits, and your churchÂs reputation in your community.
Do you know these 7 secrets to keep children safe and avoid lawsuits in your church?
1. Protect your assets by getting legal advice, before you are heading to court.
2. Think you know what a typical pedophile looks like? See page 38 to learn the myths and the facts.
3. A sure fire way to protect children from abuse and adults from allegations? The ÂTwo Adult Rule.Â Page 27 tells you all about this invaluable technique!
4. Imagine trying to defend against a lawsuit based on an incident that happened decades ago. How long should you keep your records? The answer may surprise you.
5. Avoid kidnapping by releasing children only to a designated adult. Find a link on page31 to the supplier you need to put this procedure in place.
6. How many adults should supervise toddlers? Teens? Develop a policy to require a minimum number of adults based on the age of the children.
7. What is the secret weapon you can use to make questionable applicants walk away and never contact you again?
By following the step by step process in her book, you can make it virtually impossible for a pedophile to gain access to children in your church. Go to http://www.stopchurchabuse.com to get your copy now!
Author, Jana Penrod, MS, is a Behavioral Psychologist, and Director of an agency that provides qualified staff to work with children.
# # #