Stamford, CT (PRWEB) May 6, 2005
When spring and summer comes, most people rush out the door to enjoy their surroundings and the long-awaited warm weather. While sun block is a priority for sun worshippers, members of AP9 Essentials, a leading discount membership program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC, know that they have to protect their hair as well, and use their benefits to do so.
AP9 Essentials benefits include, among others, savings on personal grooming, from the latest hair care products and haircuts, to shampoos and other salon services. Members take advantage of their money-saving benefits whenever they need to by logging in at DealPass.
Members can use their benefits to save on haircuts and trim their hair every 6 to 8 weeks, the appropriate timeframe to protect hair from split ends and dryness. Along with that rule of thumb, AP9 Essentials recommends some simple steps for taking care of your hair and scalp during the months when the heat is on:
- Give your hair a break from the hairdryer during summer, especially if you have oily hair. Heat stimulates the scalp, which boosts the production of oil.
- Read the ingredients on the products you normally use. During summer, you might want to use those that are designed to Âreplenish,Â since those products add moisture to the hair.
- Restore the moisture to your hair by dabbing some deep conditioner treatment or cream from the ends up. Pin it or wrap it in a plastic bag or shower cap, and sleep on it or leave it for as long as you can. Aim for at least an hour.
- Use a clarifier shampoo to remove toxins from your hair, such as chlorine and even silicon residue from your daily shampoo. Since clarifiers are very strong, itÂs best not to use them more than twice a week.
- Before hitting the beach or pool, apply a "leave-in" conditioner, and wear your hair up in a knot, bun, ponytail or braids.
- Apply a conditioner before going out in the sun, to prevent static electricity in your hair.
- DonÂt overuse gel or other shine products to control frizzy hair. They contain silicone and can coat your hair after just a few uses.
- Wear a hat whenever your head is exposed to the sun. Hair can get sunburned just like the scalp.
- Protect your scalp. A sunburnt scalp is not only painful, it can also lead to flaking, which could be mistaken for dandruff.
About AP9 Essentials
AP9 Essentials is a leading membership discount program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC. Headquartered in Stamford, Conn., Adaptive Marketing is a category leader in both membership and loyalty programs, bringing value direct to consumers through an array of benefits in healthcare, discounts, security, personal property and personals. Members may access their benefits at DealPass.com, an online portal for Adaptive Marketing membership programs. With broad online and offline distribution capabilities, Adaptive Marketing offers its corporate client partners effective tools to enhance market presence, strengthen customer affinity and generate additional value through programs, such as AP9 Essentials.
# # #