Stamford, CT (PRWEB) May 6, 2005
Spring has sprung, and while a young manÂs fancies may turn to love, green-thumb members of AP9 HomeWorksPlus, a leading discount membership program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC and accessed through DealPass, also turn their attention to more tangible rewards -- beautiful gardens at affordable prices.
AP9 HomeWorksPlus knows that vibrant gardens do more than just add color and life to your surroundings; a well-landscaped yard can increase the value of your property. And while AP9 HomeWorksPlus members can take joy in the real estate rewards, they can also take home significant savings through their members-only benefits.
AP9 HomeWorksPlus offers a few helpful tips as you set out this spring to beautify your yard:
- First, check your gardening tools and supplies (spades, shovels, pruning shears, potting soil, fertilizer and the like). Clean and restock your inventory as needed.
- Next, clean the flower bed. Clear off fallen branches and debris, and rake off last yearÂs leftover growth, mulch and leaves, taking care not to damage any early-growing perennials. Add the leftover growth and leaves to your compost heap (or create a compost heap if you donÂt already have one).
- Test the basic nutrient values and the pH level of your soil. Check with your local nursery to find a soil test. The nutrients and pH level can help you determine which plants and vegetables will flourish in your chosen location.
- Protect your crop. Apply pesticides as needed to keep insects from eating away at your plants. If youÂre growing vegetables, consider putting up a fence around your garden to keep deer and other foraging animals from dining on your efforts.
- Start (or maintain) a compost heap. Compost heaps create rich, fertile filler for flowers and other plants, and theyÂre environmentally sound: You can recycle leaves, eggshells, spoiled fruit and vegetables, coffee grounds, tea bags -- even old newspapers, pet hair and fireplace ash. Go online or ask your local nursery for more information.
AP9 HomeWorksPlus members have access to a variety of savings for their home and yard through the program. They can log on to their members-only website at DealPass.com to save at major home centers, department stores and other national retailers.
About AP9 HomeWorksPlus
AP9 HomeWorksPlus is a leading membership discount program offered by Adaptive Marketing LLC. Headquartered in Stamford, Conn., Adaptive Marketing is a category leader in both membership and loyalty programs, bringing value direct to consumers through an array of benefits in healthcare, discounts, security, personal property and personals. Members may access their benefits at DealPass.com, an online portal for Adaptive Marketing member programs. With broad online and offline distribution capabilities, Adaptive Marketing offers its corporate client partners effective tools to enhance market presence, strengthen customer affinity and generate additional value through programs, such as AP9 HomeWorksPlus.
# # #