(PRWEB) May 11, 2005
Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator 8.0.2 1.4 is the latest generation of the PostgreSQL replication engine from Command Prompt, Inc. As with any major software release, this new version includes bug fixes and new features. The major new features included in this release are:
- Point In Time Recovery (PITR) the ability to bring the database back from backup to a particular point in time.
- Table Spaces. The ability to partition the database data onto different physical paritions for better performance.
- Win32. Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator now runs natively on Windows2000 and above.
- .Net. Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator now ships with a native C# .Net driver.
- plPerl and plPython the ability to natively write server side procedures in Python and Perl.
- Live promotion. The ability to promote a slave to a master without the need to restart the database. Non blocking full dump. When a slave requires a full sync with the master, replicator no longer requires an exclusive lock on the master. This new feature allows full dumps to occur without effecting normal operation.
Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator is an asynchronous replication system designed to be WAN and faulty connection tolerant. It is 100% community PostgreSQL compatible. Unlike other replication solutions, Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator is part of the database, does not require triggers or additional sql modifications for use. Replicator uses a distributed TransactionLog system to keep track of updates produced by the Master database. The system allows for multiple Slaves to receive updates in either a continuous or batch mode.
Mammoth PostgreSQL from Command Prompt, Inc. is a robust, reliable, SQL-compatible Object Relational Database Management System (ORDBMS). It is designed to give small to medium size businesses the power, performance, and open-standard support they desire.
Written in "C" as an addition to the PostgreSQL database Mammoth PostgreSQL Replicator delivers a new level of reliability and provides that last missing key feature for 24/7 PostgreSQL usage.
PostgreSQL is the worlds most reliable and extensible Open Source database. Unlike its primary Open Source competitor it is truly ACID compliant and offers features such as triggers, stored procedures, domain constraints and an open development model.
Command Prompt, Inc., provides support, custom programming, and services for PostgreSQL. Service contracts, as well as time and materials support are available, allowing for single-point accountability for a customer's database solution.
Windows (2000 and above)
MacOSX (coming soon)
Solaris 9 and above.
+1 503 667 4564
# # #